What's new

Pokemon Puzzle League

DarkAurora

Is there anyway to get Pokemon Puzzle League to work? I get a bunch of graphical errors when I go to play a match. If anyone has got this game to work, please tell me how.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
semi-solution: get Tetris Attack for SNES instead. Same shit, but with none of that pokemon crap(replaced with Yoshi-goodness :)).

OP
DarkAurora

DarkAurora

Hey, don't dis Team Rocket or Giovanni! They're cool. But anyways, does this game work with any of the other N64 emulators?

crhylove

Banned
more accurately:

no gfx plugin supports it. my guess is that is due to most gfx plugin coders focusing mainly on 3d and very little on 2d, as most games are 3d games for n64. 2d support seems mostly as an after thought imho. this is just speculation though.

but while we're speculating, i think that 1964 would play it perfectly with a better gfx plugin. it seems that way when i try the rom.

imho 1964 is THE defacto emu though, if you haven't tried it out.

word of warning though: it is a B|+Ch 4 the newbie to setup.

and it uses the pj64 gfx plugin, so it still won't play puzzle league or dr mario.

oh yeah, and for the connesiur tetris attack on snes is in no way comparable to the gameplay of puzzle league, though the game itself may be identical in the WAY it is played. Just as there are about 100 versions of tetris, and some are vastly superior to others.

just 4 the record.

:D

/me jumps up and down waiting for the next 1964....

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: more accurately:

crhylove said:
oh yeah, and for the connesiur tetris attack on snes is in no way comparable to the gameplay of puzzle league, though the game itself may be identical in the WAY it is played. Just as there are about 100 versions of tetris, and some are vastly superior to others.

just 4 the record.

:D

explain...the only thing that it has that TA doesnt is the 'scrolling on the side' mode. i dont know how that makes it uncomparable.

Last edited:

crhylove

Banned
for starters...

there's puzzle university... which is a whole seperate mode of play, that's just a SMALL HUGE addition compared to:

the 3d play (side scrolling in a complete loop for actual 3d play),
the way better bots, the better competition modes, those super hot anime chix, i could go on for hours on why it's a really, really, really good game, but i recommend you try it out for yourself. unfortunately no emu runs it yet, but i'm sure one will soon... especially with all the gfx plugin work going on lately.

rhy

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: for starters...

crhylove said:
there's puzzle university... which is a whole seperate mode of play, that's just a SMALL HUGE addition compared to:

the 3d play (side scrolling in a complete loop for actual 3d play),
the way better bots, the better competition modes, those super hot anime chix, i could go on for hours on why it's a really, really, really good game, but i recommend you try it out for yourself. unfortunately no emu runs it yet, but i'm sure one will soon... especially with all the gfx plugin work going on lately.

rhy

the problem is.. i've never played PPL and u've never played TA. from screenshots alone i could tell you its the exact same game. i cant see how bots can get any better, Puzzle university soulds like a tutorial (which TA has), the loop thing is basically the same as 2d except u can be lazier with the tile flipping.

U also mentioned better competition modes...whats that, like 4 players?

crhylove

Banned
puzzle league.

look it's not a tutorial mode, it's a totally fun seperate game.

the bots are way better, cuz they are sexy anime chicks who go "ooooohhh!" all loud and sexual.

and any bong loader from a nudist camp will tell you that pokemon roxor, yo.

no seriously, i've played extensively in both, and PPL is a better version. even WITH that hiddeous japanimation crap. (sans the hot ones).

obviously, the only way for you to have an accurate comparison, is to do the same thing.

rhy

KaiZas

Okay, so I've played TA to death and absolutely LOVE it. (Especially 2 player mode.)

Now I'd love to play the newer, far superior version.

Is there an emulator that can hack this one yet? (A lot could've happend since May.)

Rice

Emulator Developer
Re: more accurately:

crhylove said:
no gfx plugin supports it. my guess is that is due to most gfx plugin coders focusing mainly on 3d and very little on 2d, as most games are 3d games for n64. 2d support seems mostly as an after thought imho. this is just speculation though.

Correct. Both Jabo 1.5 and Unofficial Daedalus Rel. 2 are really very close from getting it playable. Since Jabo has never said to stop working on his plugin, I hope he has already get it playable.

Knuckles

there's only one way to play: use the 3D puzzle mode. there is dispaly, (level, difficulty...) you see the pieces but there is some bugs. Anyway its still playable! (use Jabo D3D6 1.5)

Last edited:

Knuckles

we already know that..... and no need to revive an one month old thread only for something we know...