What's new

plz.. need plugin help!!!!!

flameboy

that skateboarding guy
aaaaahhhhhhhhh! how do i put a plugin on 1964?! i downloaded ricevideo 5.6.0 to try and play mario 64 but it didn't show up under change plugins. what do i do with that .dll file?!?!?

OP
flameboy

flameboy

that skateboarding guy
i tried that. everything is sort of wierd. my 1964 folder says 1964_084 and it contains 0.9.9. i tried what you said but theres nothing in the dropdown but rice's daedalus 5.2.0. should i restart 1964 to refresh the plugin listings?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Delete the 1964_084 folder and reinstall 1964 0.9.9. If you do, then the DLL files, MSVCR71.DLL, MSVCP71.DLL and MSVCR70.DLL will be there. Then copy the Rice Video 5.6.0 DLL to the C:\Program Files\1964\099\Plugin folder.

OP
flameboy

flameboy

that skateboarding guy
my computer has more than one drive so its location is D:/1964. will it still work? and now when i go to change plugins, it says 'unable to read INI file from drive.' I downloaded ricevideo yet i see no INI file!!!!!!!

The Siskoo

It seems the better way for is to restart all.

- Delete all
- Download 1964 0.9.9
- Download your favorites plugins
- Install 1964 0.9.9
- Install all your plugins in the folder plugins
- For Rice 5.6.0, you must have one dll and one ini. Install both into the folder "Plugins"

OP
flameboy

flameboy

that skateboarding guy
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! now its doing the error 'exception in emulation thread i was trying to avoid by downloading rice video in the first place! it says it in mario 64 right after "itss'a meeeee maarioo' and on quest 64 after all the made by blah blah things!

Last edited:

retroK

Hey flameboy, please change the Location info in your Profile. The current string kills the forum design.

For your problem, maybe your Video Card is not compatible with Rice Vide. Which one have you? You might also try the Direct64 Plug-In.

OP
flameboy

flameboy

that skateboarding guy
i'll try direct64 because right now i have no clue of what any of my sys. specs are.

xamenus

This may be a dumb question but: Are you unzipping the plugin file before you put it in the plugin folder? People new to computers or emulation might not know about this, so I'm just making sure. :)

BountyJedi

if its on d: is no matter mines under e:\blahblahbalhalh\emualtorscrapoh something and then 1964

take a look on your sys specs with direct64 you want to have a high-end computer or it wont work at all or it will look like modern art ingame =P