What's new

Plugin Issues

SonicTails5

Is there anyway to get good gameplay, sound and graphics out of emulating these N64 games? Most games emulated look like crap. I've never had this problem before with Snes or GBA roms which comes from cartridges. Why is it hard to get near perfect gameplay (no slow downs or frame skipping) Graphics and sound and if there is a way to get good emulation out of N64 games, them say it.

The World is not Enough (James Bond) - Cannot see gun and the people sound like crap, horrible sound (very horrible)

WWF No Mercy - Slow Gameplay and invisible Curser + near horrible Graphics.

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance or whatever it's called - Cannot see life bar or any other data, just fighters.

And there's more

What on earth is going on here?

I am using Project 64 1.5.

Oh and most plugins online work like crap.

And I have a Dell Dimenson 2300 series with 1.69 GHz and 768 MB of RAM. And I downloaded Direct 9X and the latest Intel Graphics drivers (Including Extreme Grahics). All from intel.com

1) How fast is Refresh Rate set on Graphics Plugin?
2) Which plugins are being used?

1)65

2)Jabo'sDirect 3D6 1.5.1 (Direct 3D 6.0 Plugin made for Project 64 1.5.1)
B)Jabo's Direct Sound 1.5
C)Jabo's DirectInput7 1.5

*****Just switch to N-Rage conroller plugin becase DPad was acting up*****

*****Also, where can the absolute best plugins can be found?*****

Last edited:

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
your graphics card is the culprit. The best results you can get is to use evoodoo and some glide wrapper. Other than that, buy a cheap ATI or nVidia card (even the ones you can get for 30-50$ are good for emulation) are better than your built on graphics card.

Plugins: http://www.emutalk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=80

dukenukem

lord freiza
you know what exact video card is installed and what video card drivers your using,but most of those problems you posted are known and plus the plugins are not crap they are very good just take time to learn what configuration of the plugin works best then stick with it.Have you tryed rice's daedalus plugin or jabos d3d61.5.1?

revl8er

That Damn Good
I would recommend using glide64+evoodoo for the world is not enough gfx. You could try using azimers plugin for sound. Other than that, I would recommend upgrading your onboard chipset to a graphics card. You can get really good ones for under $100 now.