What's new

Plug-in Support?

mezkal

Man on a mission
TalynOne said:
I'm 25. But I started using a computer when I was young. My first PC based computer was an 8088 (10 MHZ turbo) PC-XT system with DOS 3.3 and a CGA monitor (though a 80386 was the best machine you could get at the time, my family couldn't afford it). I used Dos 3.3 for a long time, I remember reading the DOS manual from front to back. I hated CGA it supported the ugliest colors imaginable (literally CMYK).

Try again mezkal.

Once again you quote BS. CGA was never CMYK. Do you even know what K stands for? It's KELVIN!! A temperature Measurement standard that Lithographers (screen printers) used to use to judge the difference between one colour in the same range (say a bunch of reds of varying inensity) and another. Sure the rest of the colours were there Cyan, Magenta and Yellow but that in no way made it CMYK which is used by graphics designers (yes I've been one of those too) for colour separation (the art of breaking a designed page into its root colour variants to be primed for printing).

I think its wonderful that you read a manual. No really. Maybe you might try reading some other forms of instruction. Like this one :-

STOP LYING.

Cheers,

mezkal

PS : Trotterwatch. Sorry for that. I posted this after before your post. Yes I'll do exactly that :)

Last edited:

spaffdog

mezkal i think i love u, lol

pc-xt's rocked. i used to have an 8088 viglin built pc-xt greenscreen text only monitor beast

ah text only monitors, lovely, cant beat em.. :)

hmm what else have i had. an original ps/2 ibm with cga monochrome.. wicked stuff

uhmm.. i know i've had an 8086 somewhere along the lines...
and i'm ashamed to admit i had an apple II...
anyway's before i remember eery singlecomputer i've had...

what was the point? ah yeah.. plugins.

they're great. look at epsxe (VERY compatible) with it's ps-emu pro style plugins.. then compare it to bleem and it's built in graphics. no disrespect to the bleem guys.. but plugins proved to be the better option in the long run.. then again.. who's knows. the evil sony monster shut them down.

give it a go. i mean at the end of the day.. if u don't like plugins. just use the original chanka graphics and pretend no others exist. everyones happy

holymoz

I know that plugin-based emulators have much more features and performance than single exe based, every plugin take care of one of the system machine making the computational work of the main engine very light.
I think all emulators of all modern consoles should has this system, the old-console emulators like zsnes or other doesn't need plugins, at least on modern pcs.

I play on epsxe and is the only modern emulator that spit out a graphic quality better than the original psx on tv, the difficult part is to search which plugin is good for the own pc but when everyone found its own configuration this will work good for all the games.

spaffdog

holymoz said:
part is to search which plugin is good for the own pc but when everyone found its own configuration this will work good for all the games.

exactly. it makes life easier. once you've got the best plugin for your system then it's fine.

we wouldn't have the nvidia problems etc. cos there would no doubt be a plugin that wrks better with nvidia than ati and visa versa.

-indecisive-

ah, i wish i was around for the first snes emulators back 95. back then i was 9 and i didn't know anything about computers and such..now i can thank emulators for introducing me to the technical aspects of pcs and stuff.

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
mezkal you are 31 years old?what is your job?
i don't know where i will be in my 31 year of my life.
I hope i will still seat in front of a computer :)
i am 21 years old but i'm learning fast

(Note: if the code of an emulator was perfect then nothing more is important,only a start button, close button maybe and some configurations about the controls. NOTHING MORE)

WhiteX

Hey, Talydude, go write a PNP Xbox, Ps2 Emu Combo 2000, then you can come here to flame people that is working to help other people have some fun in their lives.
You are right emulation is PNP, you go buy a Console, plug to your tv set and play!
Mods, if you wanna ban me for this, it is OK, but i had enough!

Weyland

Weyland Yutani Corporation
A recurring theme on this board seems to be that people without any knowledge of code or architecture of either the Dreamcast or XP/x86 machines, start strange rumours and fantasies about how emulators should work or what would make them run better (regulars excluded, there's some knowledgeable people here too, thank god)

RTFM please

mezkal

Man on a mission
Nightmare said:
but there is nothing else, just the sh4 in a dreamcast... how a game could be use an additionnal chip/feature ???

The most unfortunately named SEAMAN uses a USB connected Electret Microphone. Like all DC accessories it has chips that protect it from cross-regional use (just like DVDs). These security chips would need to be hacked/kludged/emulated in order to play SEAMAN.

The same goes for the SEGA Lightgun and Samba de Amigo Marracas.

My Euro DC blocks me from using a Japanese Sega Lightgun with any Lightgun Compatible game. So far I haven't been able to overcome this hurdle.

I think plugins for these would be overkill though.