What's new

please need help with Sin and Punishment

superspudz1234

Rice's plugin "6.1.1 beta 10" wont work on my computer. when i load "Sin and Punishment - Tsumi To Batsu" i get messed up graphics.

View attachment 36372

when i try to load it with the english translation, it just shows a black screen, then the emulator crashes.

usually i would just use another plugin, but the English translation only works with RICE. of cource jabos 1.6 plugin works fine, but i dont know Japanese.

here is my settings:

View attachment 36373

View attachment 36374

View attachment 36375

View attachment 36376

OP
S

superspudz1234

SYSTEM: intel pentium 4, 2.93 Ghz, 1.0 gb ram, directx 9.0c, display device: VisionTek RADEON x300 SE hypermemory.

OP
S

superspudz1234

UPDATE: i took out my video card, to try the built-in video card instead, now the english translation loads, but the in-game graphics still just as messed up.

the built in video card is: "intel 82915g/gv/910gl express chipset family"

OP
S

superspudz1234

maybe its a problem with the drivers.

How do i uninstall the old drivers? every time i reboot, windowsXP auto-installs display drivers.

Iconoclast

Or, just use the below configuration. I have an intermediate graphics card capable of low-level system testing, so this should work for you.

Code:
{b00fbcb6982181e3-4a}
Name=TSUMI TO BATSU
AccurateTextureMapping=1
NormalAlphaBlender=1
NormalColorCombiner=1
FullTMEM=1
ForceScreenClear=1
FrameBufferEmulation=2
RenderToTexture=2
ScreenUpdateSetting=2

Copy and paste that text into the file RiceVideo6.1.0.ini, and the game should be smoother. Let me know what it shows on your system.

Configuration notes:

Accurate texture mapping causes misplacement of pixels in the text textures (ex. PRESS START BUTTON) and has been forced off. Normal Alpha Blender is not needed and will only cause wrong texture size of the depth image in the menus. Normal Color Combiner of course also causes issues and was also forced off. Full Texture Memory Emulation was forced off, as when it is on, there is even more framebuffer static on the right edge of the screen. Force Screen Clear will help clear excessive pixels outside the gameplay screen and should not cause any problems (tested) since this is an anti-framebuffer/motion blur configuration. Frame buffer effects and rendering-to-texture emulation effects are hidden so they do not affect future drawings. Screen update on VI origin change is the fastest setting for emulation that does not conflict with Force Screen Clear.

Even though I've spent three hours going through all of this, it doesn't mean this is the perfect configuration. Especially since the framebuffer variations are so damn weird...I just reset with one changed setting, and all the static goes away, but I change something to see why, and it comes back forever and I can't remember what I did to make it go away, if it even was anything I did. Man, I hate testing games like that...so to be safe, that is why most bad motion blur effects were disabled.

OP
S

superspudz1234

ok, so i finally found a way to remove my old drivers, ran "Driver Cleaner" a few times, and downloaded a brand new set of drivers from the website, just released: Apr. 18, 2007.

NO CHANGE.

i guess its not the drivers, ill try reinstalling DirectX.

why is it nobody else has this problem except me, it must be my computer.

OP
S

superspudz1234

i tried fiddleing around with the graphics card settings, nothing. i have allready have "DirectX 9.0c". well, im out of ideas. anybody?

"glide64 wonder ++" has a similar problem, the bottom half of the screen is orange.

Glide64 wonder++:
View attachment 36388

Clements

The problem is your graphics chip. Rice's Video does appear to work better than other plugins (at least the sky appears to be correct), but without a proper graphics card, you will struggle getting Rice's video to work as it should. For me, I don't get those glitches with Rice.

(Late Edit: I'm referring to the Intel chip here, technically the X300 ought to work with Rice's plugin provided suitable drivers are installed and a suitable combiner type is used)

Last edited:

Iconoclast

I made some changes to the configuration for Rice's Video Plugin. Use this instead.

{b00fbcb6982181e3-4a}
Name=TSUMI TO BATSU
AccurateTextureMapping=1
FastTextureCRC=2
NormalAlphaBlender=1
NormalColorCombiner=1
FullTMEM=1
ForceScreenClear=1
FrameBufferEmulation=2
RenderToTexture=3
ScreenUpdateSetting=2

And no, don't use Glide64 if it gives you issues like that. It may just be that your card doesn't work well with that plugin, but Rice's can have low-end potential.

I must emphasize, if you are using Project64 or 1964, for this particular game, I have found that Mupen64 has reduces frame buffer failure side effects using these settings more than these two, so install that emulator and use this same plugin.

Edit: Well, alright, maybe Clements is more on the ball than I am here. We'll see. I think those issues you got before may have been caused by 1964, so big thing being, use Mupen64 with this config, and tell me what happens.

Glide64 doesn't work properly on 1964 currently. It works best on Mupen64 as well. A radeon x300 I'm not seeing why it shouldn't be able to....

Last edited:
OP
S

superspudz1234

well, it took me a friggin week but i finally got the graphics fixed, i clicked on "using software vertex clipper" in the Directx tab of Rices. and now it works perfect. i dont know if thats what fixed it or not but..

well it wasent a total loss, Rayman, conkers and several others had problems before, and now it dosent.

it looks allright to me.

View attachment 36395

thanks again for all your help guys, if it wasent for you my computer might have been chopped up into a million pieces with an axe by now.

Iconoclast

Software Vertex Clipper? Oh, man, the triangles...I should've thought of that. Too focused on the INI, of course. Why was that option off...isn't it on by default or no? Can't write to registry, unable to tell on my own.

thanks again for all your help guys, if it wasent for you my computer might have been chopped up into a million pieces with an axe by now.
Heheh...one of those Zelda knucklehead dudes.

mudlord

Banned
Why was that option off...isn't it on by default or no? Can't write to registry, unable to tell on my own.

Maybe the code should be ported to use a seperate INI file......:plain: ..yet another thing todo, I guess...