What's new

Please insert controller...

nubblecakes

I am the nub
Hello, this is my first post in these forums. I just got the 1964 emulator and I need help actually playing a game on it.
The problem is that everytime a load a ROM file, or game, it tells me to insert a controller. Now I plan on getting a controller but right now I am trying to stick with the keyboard. I click on the plugins menu, then outputs and I see that there is configuration for the keyboard. I configure everything to fit the keyboard well and then try to press start, nothing happens. So basically every time I load a game up, I get to enjoy the "Please insert a controller" message. Please tell me what I need to do in order to play my games.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Make sure that the Player 1 controller is marked as 'Plugged in'. If the controller isn't set as plugged in, the emulator emulates a disconnected controller.

The error message doesn't mean that you would need an actual gamepad to play games. The keyboard is a controller as well (although playing using a good gamepad is much better than using the keyboard).

Last edited:
OP
N

nubblecakes

I am the nub
Yeah, I just fixed it too, I was gonna post back here to let everyone know that I got it. Anyways, thanks for your concern, I'm getting a usb pickup for the n64 controllers, ps1 and ps2 controllers, its an all in one so I can play some n64 with a controller on my pc.