What's new

Please help with developing plugins

garygar21

My brother is a programer and he would like to attempt to make plugins for the emulator. but we dont know were to start. like what is zilmers specs and stuff like that....i think he wants to do a vid plugin...nothing exclusive just something to pass his time with...prob wont ever get released unless he can do a good job someone pleas lead us in the right direction

The first I'd recommend is going to the download-section and download the TR64 OGL, the GL nintendo() or the Rice's daedalus source-code (these are video-plugins). Your brother might want to study a source-code before he gets started.

Next, I strongly recommend searching at google for more information. Try a good C(++)-program (like Visual basic 6) to create your project.

And before I forget: Zilmar's specs is just the plugin-system which the most N64-emulators are using. I think you'd better ask an author of an emulator how to do this (feel free to go to the #emutalk or #emulation IRC-channel to ask about this, there are always people on-line who can help you).

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Trotterwatch said:
Isn't VB6 just well VB, wouldn't Visual C++ be better?

Oh and the Zilmar specs are included with PJ64 in the documents folder.
This is correct. VB is nowhere good for making plugins. VB6 is crap. VB .Net is ok for programming but is still slow hence making it, too, bad for plugin programming. If you're making a plugin, you better use vc++.

scotty

The Great One
I think it would always be good to develop a new plugin for N64, I really hope your brother does welll, although it takes a lot of time

gamefreaks

VB is nowhere good for making plugins. VB6 is crap.

...But since you can create .dll's and use DirectX in VB, theres no real reason why not...

...But all the same, VC++ is the best choice.

C

catewauler

What do you need...

Catewauler online:

Ok, what do you need?, Can i help you someway?, Do you have some question?...

if you need help programming, just send a mail to all that great programmers, and if you need somebody whit basic programming knowledge then i can help you...

Thanks.