What's new

Please help me with the basic Demul setup

SteveFlash

Hi! So I am pretty used to emulators for older systems but nothing like Demul. I have been trying to set it up for 3 days and for the life of me I can't figure it out. Please help.

I have Demul and the bios, I understand that I need to rename both of them something and zip them into a file called dc.zip along with the dc.dat file. What I can't figure out is what is the dc.dat file? I didn't come with Demul or the Bios and people seem to act like it should just be there.

Is there any step-by-step guide to setting up Demul? I have searched the forums a lot and it seems that a ton of people have problems with it.

ABACABB

This may not be much help but I will try. I have been running Demul for a while but only Naomi and atomiswave games, no dreamcast. I did not have to rename my bios files, just make sure you direct Demul to the folder where your bios files and roms are and you should be good. I think you need Microsoft C++ visual10, or something like that. I do not recall needing any .dat files. I think Demul creates that stuff on its own. It is really not as difficult as it seems at first. Good luck.