What's new

Please Help Me With My Controller Issue Oh Great Players Of The Chankast!

mtmattix

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to possibly help me out.

Here's the deal.....

I have Chankast and Dc Null both will play my games fine, took me 3 days to make everything work, but it does.

I am using a original Xbox controller with a USB plug-in, that came with my DDR pads off ebay! Sweet right?

I am currently using xpadder to make my controller work through the keyboard settings, which it does. The ONLY problem is that I need 8 way directional not 4 way. I click 8 way on the xpadder, but in both emulators, there is no key to designate for the diagonals I need to move around in the games properly.

Please let me know if there is a way to fix this, something I need to do, etc.

I would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You don't need to map diagonals. Why are you using XPadder in the first place? Both emulators come with decent controller plugins (ElSemi's for Chankast and the default one for nullDC). Or is this one of those weird peculiarities of the X360 controllers?

P.S. It isn't very wise to put your email address on a public messageboard. Give spammers a field day. Plus, you already posted on a messageboard, you'll get your answers here.

Last edited:
OP
M

mtmattix

Well when I use Chankast I get the black screen with green letters to edit my controlls. They show a joy up, down, left, and right, but no diagonals. I am not using a 360 controller because they are both wireless, so my old xbox controller is what I use. Maybe it is a original xbox conroller issue. What kind of conrollers do you guys use? I mean I do have a pc controller, maybe I should try that?

Agozer

Don't use that pathetic excuse of a controller plugin. I said ElSemi, switch to that. On a different note, you'll do fine with just nullDC. You don't really need Chankast.

I use the Logitech Rumblepad2 myself.

OP
M

mtmattix

Switching to ElSemi worked great! This guy on youtube said to have the inputs as the xxx ones, what a dumbass! But yeah it showed the pic of the dreamcast controler and my xbox controller works perfect!

Thanks again!

kutox

how can you configure an xbox 360 windows controller with nullDC? i looked on the config keys area and it says to use joy2key for controllers, but surely that's no use for using an analog d-pad? i'm probably looking in completely the wrong place, can someone help please

kutox

yeah i've tried with 1.03 and 1.0 beta 1 but i can't seem to find how to configure my controller with either

kutox

i'm there, but it doesn't let me assign my controller buttons, and at the bottom it says 'If you want to use joysticks try the joy2key utility' but i know that i can't use analog (i.e can't control movement sensitivity) with joy2key :( it's so annoying lol i've done it using ElSemi with chankast, but nullDC is overall a better emulator and i'd love to be able to get my controller working properly with it.

Agozer

Ah, right. I was thinkin bout nullDC Beta 1.6. Personally, I always use XPadder over Joy2Key in programs that don't support gamepads, and it works perfectly.

Noe if only the nullDC team would create a proper gamepad plugin for this version as they did with the previous one.

kutox

yeah i wish they would, if chankast can do it with ElSemi's plugin then surely there's no reason nullDC can't do something similar, there's definitely a need for it. thanks for the help though, i'll try beta 1.6 and XPadder

Agozer

No, don't use 1.6, there really is no need as it is worse than 1.03. Just use XPadder with 1.03.

raven129

Hi I am having trouble setting up my nullDC, I have all the plugins in the right spot but i can't get the thing to start the DC operating system. Could some one please tell me how to configure every thing?

Agozer

The only way the nullDC "operating system" is ever going to start is when you have Dc_boot.bin and Dc_flash.bin in the data folder. Plugins very little to do with it.