What's new

Please help a complete newbie...

ChroniX

-> Sonic Speed <-
Hi everyone, i bought my dreamcast about 5 years ago now, and i was just bored cause its the summer holidays and all that, so i thought i might try my hand at abit of emulation...
there is just one problem though, i dont have any... "Image CD files" i think there called, .iso 's right? Well, i have my BIOS, and i can start up the Emulator, and get into all the options and stuff. And i just tried to run Sonic Adventure 1 from my REAL CD drive, and it said it was a music CD...
So, can anyone please tell me how to make a .ISO so i can run my dreamcast games on my PC? Please? And please say the programs you used...
Thanks in advance everyone.

OP
ChroniX

ChroniX

-> Sonic Speed <-
The one that came with Chankast? If so, yes, i have, but it was talking to you as if you already had a .iso file. Which i dont... :(

OP
ChroniX

ChroniX

-> Sonic Speed <-
Oh crap...

instructions on how to rip them, or tell people how to get them

I was just reading in another thread though and people were saying what to google for to find the BIOS. Dammit...

So, i guess i cant get help here?

P.S. The FAQ you posted doesnt seem to answer my questions. It tells me how to load the ISO into Daemon but not how i back them up.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Just use a CD burning program like CloneCD to do it. Make sure that it's not an original Dreamcast disk.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I told you to read the FAQ and you said that you did... Only ripped backups work. Use a search engine to find out how to rip them.

Last edited:

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
ChroniX said:
The FAQ you posted doesnt seem to answer my questions. It tells me how to load the ISO into Daemon but not how i back them up.
you can rip it yourself (if you have the cable and the broadband adapter, but you certainly don't have because it's specificaly made for that) but we can't tell you how...

or you can download a backup from the net (but we can't help you here too...)

you haven't other choice, because dreamcast gdrom can't be read on our computer...