What's new

Please addd calibration of triggers/analog controls

Darkfalz1979

To support a wider variety of pads, please add calibration of all analog controls, especially triggers.

Some pads have triggers which from a dinput range of 0-255 use maybe for L 0-127 and R 127-255 on the same axis. Others use two axis, and have on both 0-127 or even 0-255.

Unfortunately Demul assumes one of these configurations (probably based on XBox pad). This means I cannot use my REAL Dreamcast pad (via Mayflash 3 in 1 joybox) in the emulator. Mine has Z Axis for the left trigger from 0-255 (255 at rest) and Z Rotation for the right pad 0-255. When I go to define, it always thinks that one of these is being pressed and even when I manually edit the input ini, I still can't use it, as it always thinks I am depressing it, and if I actually depress it, it depresses it half way in game.

I suggest for any analog control, input plugin asks you first to leave it at "rest" click OK, and then have it fully depressed and click OK. This way it can determine the range of the axis used. Input plugin should not detect any rest state when defining key (it is confused by mine, because at rest it is 255 which it may determine as depressed), only a CHANGE of input.

garetmax

Yes, I'll 2nd that request for some rework on the controls so that original controllers can be used by either the Mayflash adapter or the Trio Linker Plus adapter.:crazy:

Where did you get your Mayflash adapter? :blink:Last year I looked forever to find one but their all soldout everywhere.

I'd still like to buy a couple mostly because I spent so much time trying to find them.:akuma: