What's new

Playing Dreamcast Games from CD

genxs

I don't have my dreamcast anymore but I have the old game cds... Why wont they boot on chankast? Can someone help me?

Xtreme2damax

You have to dump them as images (CDI or GDI Images) using a coders cable or Broadband Adapter and possibly a modded dreamcast <----(Not sure about having a modded Dreamcast).

However you are not allowed to ask how here, use Google to find out how to dump Dreamcast games.

I also reccomend using nulldc over Chankast, unless you want to use an outdated emulator full of bugs, graphical glitches and sound issues.

Chankast is no longer in development as far as the community has decided, and a lot of issues or problems still remain in Chankast which are unlikely to get fixed which newer emulators such as nulldc have fixed.

Go NullDC if you want to play games, have maximum compatibility with most DC games problem free.

Use Chankast if you're only interested in seeing DC games running on PC and not for any extensive playing.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Normal DVD-ROM drives cannot read Dreamcast's GD-ROM discs. Not without some modification and tinkering at least.