What's new

pj64 STOPPED recognizing my controller

slabup

I have an adapter that connects n64 controllers to the PC, it has worked fine with Jabodirect for about a month now. I used it less than an hour ago in a car ride and it functioned flawlessly. About an hour after I got home I plugged it in again, and now it doesn't work. The only difference from then to now is my laptop being plugged in, and it has worked fine countless times with everything plugged in before.
What the heck could possibly cause this? This sort of thing is the type of thing that makes me want to blow things up and kick puppies. I can't stand this type of error so someone please help before something gets detonated.

It should also be noted that when I first tried to get pj64 to work with this adapter it would not work no matter what I tried. My computer would recognize the controller fine (which it still does) and pj64 would just sit there and stubbornly not respond to any button. Then randomly it just started working with no changes. Now it's back to the first state. Murder. Kill. Hatred.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
Make sure you plug in the controller (to USB, I'm assuming?) before you start PJ64. Also make sure your controller plugin is configured to use the controller and the buttons are mapped to suit your preferences.