What's new

PJ64 sound cutting out in most games.

mathesar

Im running the latest PJ64 (1.6) with the default audio & video plugins (Jabo) the games run fine framerate wise but the audio in most games frequently cuts out (stutters) , For example Conker,Castlevania,Rampage 2,Waverace.. I tried it in fullscreen and windowed mode,plus I've enabled the Sync audio to game option but this doesnt help , Any ideas appreciated.

PC spec: P4 3.4ghz Hyperthread, Audigy 2(latest drivers), 6800 GT 256mb w/ 71.89 forceware, WinXP,DirectX 9.0c.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
You must enable the "sync game to auido" at every game... have you done that? If you have and it didn't help can you try a diffrent audio plugin.

Techman

Nolifer
arnalion said:
You must enable the "sync game to auido" at every game... have you done that? If you have and it didn't help can you try a diffrent audio plugin.

It is recommended to actually read what someone says in a topic before actually replying to it.

I get a lot of sound stutter too, but try switching Advanced block linking off in advanced settings, that helps on some games.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
I asked him if he had enabled it on every game, because it has to be done on all games, the first time

Last edited:
OP
M

mathesar

Yep I enabled Audio sync with each game I tried, I found out today the problem only exists on this PC so not sure whats going on, when I tried it on the other PC in the house (P4 2.53ghz / Geforce 4 / Audigy 1 / WinXP) the audio plays perfect with no stuttering ..I made sure all the settings were identical on both (basicly default) the pc without the audio problem is slower than this one so it must be some driver issue or maybe PJ64 doesnt get along with Audigy 2 ? ..Im confused :huh:

p.s. no other emulators / games etc. have audio issues on this pc,only pj64, I also tried the other audio plugin (zilmars) but it stuttered even worse with it.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
mathesar said:
Yep I enabled Audio sync with each game I tried, I found out today the problem only exists on this PC so not sure whats going on, when I tried it on the other PC in the house (P4 2.53ghz / Geforce 4 / Audigy 1 / WinXP) the audio plays perfect with no stuttering ..I made sure all the settings were identical on both (basicly default) the pc without the audio problem is slower than this one so it must be some driver issue or maybe PJ64 doesnt get along with Audigy 2 ? ..Im confused :huh:

p.s. no other emulators / games etc. have audio issues on this pc,only pj64, I also tried the other audio plugin (zilmars) but it stuttered even worse with it.

interesting, i'll have a think about how to track that down.

OP
M

mathesar

arnalion said:
Try Azimers latest audio plugin it may work. It can be found in the download section

When using this plugins default settings the stuttering was the same,but when I went into options and chose "Force Old Audio Sync" the stuttering is 100% gone , The side effect to this option is it dropped the framerate in all games about 15fps ,so they run around 45FPS instead of 60.. Almost! :huh:

.. Im curious if theres any other Audigy 2 users with this problem?

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Hmm, download every auidio plugin you can find and try them out. You must find someone that works... or else can you try the 1964 emu, it has worked best for me.