What's new

PJ64 Site Hacked

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
squall_leonhart said:
was never pretending to be a mod. i just know how forum politics work and abusive or foul posts. tends to frighten new users away.
I hate to break it to you but emualk isn't like other forums, its got a little bit of everything, some members are jerks (like me), experts, n00bs and anyone put off by light language now and then isn't someone we would want in our community anyway.

Teenagers swear all the time, so do adults... children can't understand emulators or the technical details of how to run them anyway, this boards main audience is the computer nerd and retro lover not a bunch of sweaty old women who fall over at the sight of a word.

That plus Legend of Zelda's comments were supportive so I don't see what the problem was. Theres plenty of filfth on this board if you know where to look for it.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
ScottJC said:
Teenagers swear all the time, so do adults... children can't understand emulators or the technical details of how to run them anyway

wow.. aren't you last century.

most kids know more then you and me these days.
hell my kid sister has been playing PJ64 since she was 7. (and knows how to set it up)

zilmar

Emulator Developer
only if some one really steps over the boundries will I comment, but there is no reason to critisize people. I think it would be a lot better if there was less swearing and filth that finds it's way to this forum at times. So I have no issue with someone saying to calm it down.

Just because people swear adults and kids, does not justify/make it right to do it. Some time it does seem to help stress a point. Most of the time it is not needed tho.

squall_leonhart

that was all i was trying to point out Zilmar :)

btw, Scott, i just remembered that i had taught my 6 yr old nephew to use Project64 :D

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
squall_leonhart said:
Rubbish, I'd like to see any child who knows even half of what I know about computing. I've got a niece whos 7, she can operate a computer but she doesn't know how it works and it is highly unlikely she'll be posting here any time soon. Using an emulator and posting on a forum are two majorly different things, any kid can play a game but how many of them type with perfect english? ;)

Also trying to calm something down which was calm in the first place is pointless, I'd see the need if it was a lot of swearing but it was only two words. In fact you do not need swear words to cause problems, in fact this thread has already requires more calming down than the original "calming down" which is quite humorous if you ask me.

What Zilmar said is what point I was trying to make, "only if someone really stepped over the boundrie" should that be necessary.

So without further ado, lets calm this down and go back to the matter at hand since this thread has been de-railed enough. What exactly was hacked, i'd like to see a screenshot of it?

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I am curious of what actually got hacked, just out of curiousity I wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot of the grafitti :D

zilmar

Emulator Developer
the txt file is the html that replaced one of the core files, just rename it to html and you can view it in a browser

squall_leonhart

ScottJC said:
Rubbish, I'd like to see any child who knows even half of what I know about computing. I've got a niece whos 7, she can operate a computer but she doesn't know how it works and it is highly unlikely she'll be posting here any time soon. Using an emulator and posting on a forum are two majorly different things, any kid can play a game but how many of them type with perfect english? ;)

Also trying to calm something down which was calm in the first place is pointless, I'd see the need if it was a lot of swearing but it was only two words. In fact you do not need swear words to cause problems, in fact this thread has already requires more calming down than the original "calming down" which is quite humorous if you ask me.

What Zilmar said is what point I was trying to make, "only if someone really stepped over the boundrie" should that be necessary.

So without further ado, lets calm this down and go back to the matter at hand since this thread has been de-railed enough. What exactly was hacked, i'd like to see a screenshot of it?

....i've been able to strip a computer down and rebuild since i was 8....

atticusg47

squall_leonhart said:
wow.. aren't you last century.

hell my kid sister has been playing PJ64 since she was 7. (and knows how to set it up)

lol if that was completely true why are there still so many dumb questions and people who dont know their computer specs

maybe there are a few but not many

babaganoush

yes I agree with atticusg47..
I am a teenager..
and there are maybe 1 or 2 of us who know a whole lot about computers
there are a few gifted ones
but not very many
most are lucky to know how to run a virus scan actually

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
squall_leonhart said:
....i've been able to strip a computer down and rebuild since i was 8....
Since when does taking apart a modern pc and putting it back together make you an expert in computing, modern PC's are simple to take apart and put back together and that proves nothing. If thats the case could you at eight tell me technical details of every component you removed and put back together, I highly doubt you'd have known as much as I do at that age regarding that.

But that is irrelevant, chances of an eight year old being able to form a coherant sentence on a forum/chatroom is about as likely as a dog refusing to eat a steak. Anyone that age that can is probably a genius but judging from your posts i'd say that is unlikely.

You obviously ignored my last comment about continuing this thread as normal thus this thread remains "hacked". I predict that this thread will be locked.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I am very close to locking this thread myself. Yes the Site was hacked. Yes the guy who did it just replaced a file and it really could have been alot worse. The guy who hacked the old Emutastic site and Forum wasn't so kind. He deleted everything apart from a few images. Anyway this is besides the point.

Lets not argue here Please guys, no one is interested who can hack what or do a bit of dos prompt magic! We can all follow dos commands to a certain degree. There is also nothing big in trashing some ones work on a web site and putting your Groovy over the top Nickname and e-mail. Silly bored geeks with nothing to do is all that comes down to :)

Anyway again lets drop the mine is bigger then yours crap and be friends k? :)

squall_leonhart was just trying to bring a bit of order to the chaos and shouldnt be targeted as a wanna be mod. Thanks for trying squall_leonhart . Scott Play nice :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Heh, the funny thing is there was no chaos - simply an overreaction by squall (really the original problem wasn't _THAT_ bad) and then my overreaction to squalls comments I guess.

As for the site hacking, from what I saw that hacked page wasn't even done properly... talk about Bad html, think he could've put some effort into it eh?