What's new

PJ64 problems

danemcrae

Eskimo Ebisumaru
Hey everyone i have a problem with my Project64.
Im trying to get a mystical ninja working.
the problem is that the fps is always never at
50 percent or above. that makes my sound messy too :down: .
ive tried the bad2good patches, changing gfx and audio plugins,
and lots of other stuff. SOMEBODY PLZ HELP ME! :ranting:

Knuckles

Please post your PC specs (CPU, RAM, sound card). this can be the problem if you have a low-end PC.

revl8er

That Damn Good
To play mystical ninja you need to use Rice's 5.1.0d which you can get in the download section. No other plugin works with it.

OP
danemcrae

danemcrae

Eskimo Ebisumaru
well u got me half way mystic gohan. its up to 50 percent and everything but now i cant see anything except for ppl . all the sccenery is black and im invisible!

OP
danemcrae

danemcrae

Eskimo Ebisumaru
:p well i shouldn't say u didnt FIX it but the starting is all dim and in the game the character isnt shown. the biggest problem is when i try to go to gojo ohashi bridge in zazen town it freezes!

Clements

danemcrae said:
:p well i shouldn't say u didnt FIX it but the starting is all dim and in the game the character isnt shown. the biggest problem is when i try to go to gojo ohashi bridge in zazen town it freezes!

Your Rage Pro is a massive bottleneck on your whole system, so is causing all these errors. It is a very bad card, and as the game you want to play is Mystical Ninja with which only one plugin works, there is little you can do. Try using the lower combiner and OpenGL/Direct X and see if that helps. You may have to live with glitches unless you upgrade your card.

Clements

Switch to Rice's Daedalus

Options > Configure Graphics Plugin

And under 'Render Setting' and 'Combiner Type' choose OpenGL 1.1 (For the OpenGL render engine) and Lowest end Video Cards (For Direct X). This may not work as Rice's plugin normally can pick the best combiner for a card.

A video card upgrade would be sensible, and I'd personally go by PJ64's manual and say GeForce 3 or Radeon 8500 or better. Graphics will be almost flawless then, and your PC games would be hella faster and better looking to boot, and you need not break the bank if you don't want too as these types of cards are cheap now.

OP
danemcrae

danemcrae

Eskimo Ebisumaru
ya i think ill upgrade my video card to geforce. ive seen it at walmart and future shop and it seems worth it. the change in the combiner type made it worse so ya... i think ill hold off on emulation until ive got the card. (which might not be until christmas!!! :angry: ) so ya thx for all the help and im gonna try to get the card ASAP. cya and thx again!