What's new

Pj64 not recognizing controller input

Roslolian Garr

Hey, sorry for creating an account just because I needed help. Anyway, I'd really appreciate if anyone could give shed some light.

I'm trying to use a PS2 controller USB adaptor ti play on Project64 ("TigerGame PS/PS2 Game Controller Adapter" as shown on Windows XP control panel, though on the device itself it's written "Super Joy Box 5 Pro"), but it ain't working.

I use the same device/PS2 controller with every other emulator, so I don't think that would be the problem. I'm using Pj64 v1.6, and I've tried both the "Jabo DirectInput7 1.6" and the "N-Rage's DirectInput8 2.1.83" plugins. With the first one, whenever I click a key to assign, it automatically sets that key to Z- (if analog is on), or to S0 (analog off); with the latter, nothing will happen at all no matter which button I press.

A friend of mine has always had the same adaptor (his' is an earlier version, not the "5 Pro", but still...), and it always worked fine for him, so I guess it should be supported, right?

If anyone has any ideas I'll be glad to hear them!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Calibrate the sticks and whatnot in Windows Control Panel before trying to get it to work with Project64 or any other application. Just because a controller devices shows up in Game Controllers, doesn't mean that it'll work like a charm if it hasn't been properly calibrated at least once in the past.

Last edited:
OP
R

Roslolian Garr

Thanks for the tip, but, well, I have calibrated it already. I'm using it now to play Shadow of Colossus on PCSX2, and the analogs work just fine.

OP
R

Roslolian Garr

Hmm, sorry, but how can I "reassign to pj64"? Even if I calibrate them on the control panel, it's like a global config, it doesn't seem to matter for Windows whether I mean to use them with PCSX2 or PJ64.

Allnatural

Turn up the deadzone setting in the plugin before configuring. Go as high as necessary. Once everything is set, turn it back down to something normal (typically ~10%).

Lelldoryn

Logitech G13

Hey,

I have a Logitech G13. I was wondering if anyone has come up with a pluggin that will let u use it on Project64?

TommyMidgets

Bump bump

Hey fellas.

So to go a bit further with this issue, I'm now in the position where what you told this guys doesn't work. Using Super Dual Box Pro, with a dualshock 2 controller, running Windows7 x64. Works on other EMUs (of course -_-).

Slight difference in my situation: no matter if my analog is turned on or off, the first button I'll try mapping will assign to S 0 - (no Z-). Then, as soon as I click any other button, it shows a «Sorry the input selection has already been made» error message. Obviously it detects an input that i'm not actually inputting, hence why the deadzone ajustments would work for one. Not the case for me, I tried different ranges and it's no different if it's at 1% or 99%

Tried calibrating (I think, if it's what they call 'Étalonner' in the french menus, although I'm pretty sure 'Calibrer' is french for Calibrate.. :/), is there something specific I should be looking for when calibrating?

You also mentionned 'assigning the controller to PJ64'.. what do you mean by that?

Thanks a loads in advance guys. Cant wait to get on that SM64 Speedrunnin tip.

Last edited:

TommyMidgets

Update: Tried with a second Controller, Dualshock2 again. Extended tests to mapping player 2/3/4. I have both controllers plugged on the adapter ATM. On player 1, the 1st button was mapped (automatically) to Rz, recognizing the latter controller, and then prompted the same error message («Sorry the input selection has already been made») when I tried to map other buttons. Player 2/3/4 mapped the 1st button to S 0 - (like previously) recognising the former controller, and yet again, I was not allowed to map any other buttons...

...With the exception of player three, where I somehow got to map a 2nd button (of my choice!), but on the third, error message.
In my attempts, I tried to map each player in order from 1 to 4, yet only the third had somewhat of a favorable response. So now, I'm confused..

Allnatural

Tried calibrating (I think, if it's what they call 'Étalonner' in the french menus, although I'm pretty sure 'Calibrer' is french for Calibrate.. :/), is there something specific I should be looking for when calibrating?
Not entirely sure about Win7, but if it's anything like previous versions it's simple. Just click the button to start and follow the on-screen prompts.

Beyond that, if the other suggestion (tweaking the deadzone) doesn't work, I'm stumped.

TommyMidgets

*FU:pacman:KING FIGURED IT OUT*

So I was smokin mah herb yesturday when I had my most brilliant thought process in 2012 so far. I wuz liek: «That b:n64:tch think he so quick yo, mappin my sh:n64:t without my permission. Damn yo, Imma show him!» So I went to that b:n64:tch controller config, and gave him the good ol' ''Press and hold the button you want to map as you click in the config window.'' Mawfu:pacman:ka was liek «Oh no!» and I was liek «Son. You can't handle me son.» And now we be chillin playin dat Super Mario six fo'.