What's new

PJ64 + Kaillera

plazmay2k

Hi everybody :)

I was just wondering if PJ is ever going to be plugged into the Kaillera SDK? I'm sure most of you are aware of what it is, but for those who aren't it is a SDK that allows all kinds of emulators the ability for netplay, at this time I have been using an arcade emulator, kawaks, mame and the like with it, and it is quite cool, I have been getting my butt kicked on x-men vs streetfighter lol.

It would be cool if PJ could be plugged in, I mean think of it, Starfox VS mode would allow people on the net to fight it out, also conkers multiplayer modes, and Goldeneyes too. Or any other N64 game, I don't know if this has been considered or not, it's just I haven't seen anything about it relating to PJ and I'm just wondering why thats all.

thx in advance :pj64: Rulez!!

OP
P

plazmay2k

Don't everyone post at once LOL not.........Cmon guys talk to me here........pretty pweeeeaaaaassssseeeeeeeee!!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
The source is there, anyone who wants to do it, can do it, I don't think it will work very well though.

OP
P

plazmay2k

ahhhh smiff

ahh, why would that be so smiff? If you wouldn't mind telling me, I am no emulation guru so I don't know of any technical or software issues involved.

thx in advance

N-Rage

a N64 Game aint written to support netplay, to make it work u have to run all copys syncron and start the emulation syncron.
The emu will have to wait for all Users to send and receive the data, hence the slowest connection tells the pace.
if u take a ping-time of 100ms, u can do the math:

100ms...Slowest user send data to server
100ms...Slowest user received data
Emu calculates frame
100ms...Slowest user send data to server
100ms...Slowest user received data
Emu calculates frame

a response time of 100ms * 2 would calculate into a FrameRate( or rather VI-rate ) of 5 per second.

so even if someone will ad netplay, dont expect miracles or a easy use.

OP
P

plazmay2k

hmmmmmmm

I am a user of kailllera on a capcom emulator, I frequently play streetfighter games on neplay, and the framerate is quite synched, in exempt of the other players latency, if you haven't seen how it works, I urge you to try it for yourself.

Usually during a ping attack it freezes the other persons screen until the other catches up, a least thats how it looks, maybe if someone would take a look and see if it's remotely possible, even with just 1 or 2 games such as conkers and starfox, I still think it would be great, I for one would love to take on some guys on starfox VS mode heheh

thx in advance

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
if n64 netplay is what ur looking for, look no further than... 1964!
(i am aware of which forum im in and what my name is...)

it has kaillera support, but if u ever find anyone to play with (rare), u would realize that nrage's calculations are more or less accurate (ie framerates below 10).

arman

i really want to play netplay
no one want to lose in smash brotehrs:colgate: (i love smash broders):)

OP
P

plazmay2k

well........

Guys it doesn't seem like N64 netplay is much of a possibility now, but i'm sure in a few years, when much better internet connections come around, it should increase frame rates. In the meantime, If any of you guys are good on streetfighter games, the arcade ones that is, then maybe we could setup a playing community, run tourneys and the like from a website, anyone can host a kaillera server, and if your hosting it you obviously have 0 ms ping lol. If I'm going to any of the other servers I usually ping around 41ms, but then again that is because I'm on a high speed 512kbit cable modem lol.

Anyways if anyones interested leave a msg, I know this isn't anything to do with PJ64 guys, Just looking for some fun :) Not that many people to play with lol, and it seems that kalliera is quite new, it has no proper community website or anything, at least not to my knowledge........

Bies :)

PS: Ya know it is possible to correct mistakes after you've posted lol, like I have done now to add this little bit, click that little edit button heh

Last edited: