What's new

PJ64 help?

foxfire60

Hi all;
I've been using project64 through Darwine (.exe opener) to play Ocarina of time, and i've completely beat it. But i recently downloaded Sixtyforce and it works MUCH better on a mac than project64. But I have tried everything possible to open my Ocarina of time file with sixtyforce, but it seems to be saved in a format that only Project64 can read. Can someone help? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you've only used savestates instead of proper in-game save option, you are most likely screwed.

OP
F

foxfire60

I have been using the in-game save option. But when I wanted to switch to sixtyforce, i used to save as option, and saved it to a folder, but when i tried opening it with sixtyforce, it would't open.

Clements

Load up PJ64 and your completed Zelda file and save properly in-game via the Pause menu and not via the emulator. That will generate a native save in your saves folder that is a couple of kilobytes in size.

This small file needs to be available and 'seen' by sixtyforce, so set up the paths and rename the save file accordingly and it should be picked up. Not used Sixtyforce, but it shouldn't be hard for you to figure it out.

The save state you made (around 4MB) is only going to be good with PJ64 and can't be loaded properly by other emulators.