What's new

pj64 freezing

Washingmachine

pj64 was working fine. Cant think of what i did to mess up config but now when i try to run any game, the game will load then after a few seconds it stalls out and freezes the whole cpu until I close the program (pj64). Not sure if this is diretx related? Tried running pj64 on wifes laptop and it works fine. I have looked at posts and searched the web for info but am at a lose as to why it stopped working on my pc. I am using jacobs direct for all plugins and they were working fine. Also i have uninstalled and reinstalled pj64 and it still freezes about 10-20 secs into emulation. Thank you

Toasty

Sony battery
@Squall: Use your powers of deducement. ;)

@OP: Make sure you're doing the basic troubleshooting: Update graphics drivers, update DirectX, disable any cheats you might be using, start the game fresh without using save states. If the problem persists we'll need to know your system specs and the problematic game(s).

OP
W

Washingmachine

@Toasty: Thanks for the help dude. Updated graphic drivers not to long ago. Have directX 9.0. Haven't tried using cheats but have tried many different games without save states. The emulator kinda skips after about 5-10 secs into emulation, like a record, then freezes up. Before it starts to skip it shows 60 fps. Windows XP Cpu - intel dual core 1.86GHz. Graphics - GeForce 7600GT. Memory - 2048 MBytes. All games are doing this. Not sure if this is DirectX related and am also not sure if upgrading with my cpu specs is a good idea. All was working great for a few months then it when kaput. Its not a huge deal as I can play it on the wife's laptop when i get that nostalgic craving for 64 games but am still curious as to why it stopped working. Any info and ideas helps. Thanks again.