What's new

PJ64 Crashes after using save state feature

burty

Hi,

I've been playing Pokemon Stadium 2 for quite a while now, and until yesterday, I've always let the game save by itself naturally. Yesterday, however, I tried using the "save state" option, and ever since then I have been unable to play any games on the emulator. Whenever I start a game, one of these three things happens:

1. Crashes as soon as I open the file

2. Loads 100%, the N64 logo shows up, I hear "pikaaaa" and then it crashes

3. I get a pop-up that says "attempt to open file failed"

I have not changed ANY of the settings, and all of my games have worked perfectly before this. I only bring up the issue of the save state feature because that is the only thing that I have done differently.

I've looked through the manual and have not found anything pertaining to my problem, and I've read a lot of help threads, but they have not been of any use to me. I have the latest version installed, and everything has been working up until yesterday. Please tell me if you need to know any more information.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
There is a possibility that your native save has been corrupted. Take your native save file temporarily out of Project64's save folder and see if things improve.

OP
B

burty

Unfortunately, that did not work. However, after playing around with a few of the options, I noticed that I had Nrage's controller plug in. I turned that off, and then it worked! After that I was able to turn it back on and everything returned to normal; and all my saves were in tact. Thanks!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You might have had the Transfer Pak option in the N-Rage plugin enabled, which probably caused the error, because there was no GameBoy savefile present.

OP
B

burty

I don't know. I just turned the plugin on and off and it worked. My game is a llittle bit slower, but it works.