What's new

PJ64 32-bit?

yawis3632

:pj64: i love PJ64, its great, but lately ive been running 1964 on my system for 1 main reason, because i think atleast it runs faster although it has some sound and graphic issues, i was wondering if anyone knows how to make PJ64 run roms in 32-bit mode like 1964 can do, unless PJ64 already does that, im not sure, but if it doesntit would be a great addition to the next release if there is one, if anyone knows i would like to hear about it, thanks! :blush:

tooie

nope does not have one .. I was tempted to try it .. but probaly not really worth it for the amount of work I would need to do. with those specs you should run basicly all games fine with out a 32bit core? 32bit core is only good for speed, and with comptuers getting faster it is just helping the low end machine ..so it is a short term bandage .. if you really have a low end machine there is always corn, uhle, and 1964 does a good job to.

But I do not see why you have speed issues unless you like running above the default ?

OP
Y

yawis3632

its not that i have a problem, its just that when i run pj64 at 1600x1200x32 i can see an obvious difference, then when i run it on 1964, so i was just wondering

OP
Y

yawis3632

hey thanks that worked alot, one more thing, is PJ64 officially dead after 1.5 beta..? it would be a great thing to see those who worked on pj64 and 1964 to collaborate and create an awesome emulator, i can program c++ and java pretty well but i dont really understand the source code of the emulators so i cant lol but it would be a hot thing if they did that

Smiff

Emutalk Member
heh no PJ is not dead, before or after, officially or unofficially... PJ will be around in one form or another for a long time to come....

OP
Y

yawis3632

wow! lol that made my day, i used to just be in emulation to play the games, but now it seems im more interested in seeing how well things can be emulated, smiff do you work on PJ64 or any other emulators?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
pj64.. now ive been workin on it for 5 hours, and im going to bed if thats alright with you lol

OP
Y

yawis3632

lol sorry to annoy you so much smiff, but your work is well loved cuz PJ64 is the best but anyway 2 last questions 1.) who else is still working on PJ64. 2) is the new version going to be 32-bit? thanks so much :)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
er tooie... gent, witten... me, plus some others. team is actually bigger now than it was 1.0-1.4, but that doesn't mean much lol... if you're wondering how i spend so long on it, it's mostly management, not coding 2) no! read tooie's post above :)

Last edited: