What's new

PJ & winXp?!?

Corak

Nintendo gamer
Rasmus said:
and I just bought the upgrade version for 120 dollars, microsoft really pisses me off right now...

It's always a very bad idea to upgrade a Windows OS. Can't you just during installation point it to your original Win98-CD so it just verifies the older installation media?

L

Lachp30

I think it might have something to do with the SD-RAM actually.

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
no no no, it's nothing to do with sd-ram, cause there were no problems in 98 and it's almost only Turok that freezes....

Slougi

Corak said:
It's always a very bad idea to upgrade a Windows OS. Can't you just during installation point it to your original Win98-CD so it just verifies the older installation media?
You can ;)

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Hi,

256 mb Ram is plenty enough to run XP and use PJ64 (although obviously more is better) :)

As for the upgrade, there are numerous posts on computing.net concerning problems after using the upgrade and not a full install, so this could well be the cause of some (if not all) of your problems.

Good luck :)

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
I also heard that some other guy had problems with a "known freeze issue on level 4", could it be an emulator bug??

my freezes are on level 3 though, not at all on level 1 & 2 ?!?

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Rasmus, i dont think its ur hardware, i have the exact same specs ('cept i have a Radeon) and i am using pj64 with no problems. i dont have turok1 but i did test turok 2...no problems.

Shin Nitro

Rasmus said:
and I just bought the upgrade version for 120 dollars, microsoft really pisses me off right now...

where can I get the shit cracked?:devil: ??
All you have to do is reinstall windows and select full not updgrade. It will format your hard drive and no longer give you problems. When I upgraded form ME I had tons of problems but once I did a clean install every thing was fine.