What's new

PJ 1.5 Crashes emulation error.. Zelda OOT

MorpheusEternal

Repeatable, but could not capture error box (system lockup), I'll wrtie it all down and repost.

In the elf village after getting Saria's Song (cute babe!) from the lost wood, if you go back into the lost woods, out again, then back again, Pj 1.5 crashes as you enter the tunnel on the last entry.

If you go do something else THEN go back in, you're ok.

The error is "unrecognized opcode" (or similar).

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
one question... why?

why would you need to do this? Its like going to the doctor and saying, my finger hurts when I hold it in this position for 7 hours in an oven. The doctors gonna say, 'well, dont do that then'. I just dont see why you would need to go in and out of the woods five times in a row

???

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
MorpheusEternal said:
Repeatable, but could not capture error box (system lockup), I'll wrtie it all down and repost.

In the elf village after getting Saria's Song (cute babe!) from the lost wood, if you go back into the lost woods, out again, then back again, Pj 1.5 crashes as you enter the tunnel on the last entry.

If you go do something else THEN go back in, you're ok.

The error is "unrecognized opcode" (or similar).

Check your processor temperature. You may have
an overheating problem, chiefly when running 3D.

Allnatural

It's an issue with the self-modifying code ("Check Memory Advance" by default). Set it to "Change Memory and Cache" and the crashing will stop.

OP
M

MorpheusEternal

Jimbot said:
one question... why?

why would you need to do this? Its like going to the doctor and saying, my finger hurts when I hold it in this position for 7 hours in an oven. The doctors gonna say, 'well, dont do that then'. I just dont see why you would need to go in and out of the woods five times in a row

???

I didn't WANT to, but I went into the first tunnel. then left through the tunnel, it lead out to the (lol) elf village, so I went back in and straight on, and... it lead out to the elf village (are those tunnels random sometimes?), so I went back into the tunnel and PJ crashed..

** Allnatural -

Thanks!! I'll give it a try.

** Doomulation -

Temporary memory loss - forgot its name.. hehehehe

** RJARRRPCGP -

Proc and vid card temp are low 40's (copper cored HS on both..)

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
as to the seemingly "random tunnels" go to gamefaqs.com. I wont tell you the details, but its a maze.

It does say Kokiri Forest on the screen when you go to it, but it is a village. I dunno.