What's new

Pixel Shader 2.0

OP
K

Kiantsu

my english.... I mean I'm going to take off 200 MB of RAM and puting on 500M of RAM, taking of the video card and putting one better, take off things of my pc and putting better things

Vegetable

Banned
Ok, let me just say this. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY ZELDA WIND WAKER FULLY ON ANY PC AVAILABLE TO HOME USERS LIKE YOU!!! And no. You can't get a computer from nasa :p

-Shadow-

Banned
@vegetable : with this small teaser , even a nasa Computer couldn't emulate WW properly because the combiner is far away from perfection ^^"

@Kiantsu : sry i can't hold it back : N00B !! :D Okay back to topic : Don't try to use 1Gig of ram , it wouldn't work either ^^ On my Pc (It's nearly top-notch , specs below) I got : 6Fps , the Black thingy around link is still present , link's textures are f**ked up and people are red or blue . Ok Got it ? It wont work to upgrade your specs , it's the emulator that has to be upgraded... just wait and see ;)

OP
K

Kiantsu

well, can I shell my Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X at 128MB and buying an ATI RADEON 9600 128MB for a similar price?

Last edited:

Alchy

Kiantsu said:
well, can I shell my Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X at 128MB and buying an ATI RADEON 9600 128MB for a similar price?

Yes, but Windwaker won't run at full speed on the ATI RADEON 9600. You may get some colours but it won't be playable.

If you want to play Windwaker you have to buy a Gamecube.

OP
K

Kiantsu

I'm going to change pieces of my PC; and is ATI RADEON 9600 better? which ATI RADEOn 9600 of 128mb can I buy for my pc? (look down, my cpu)

OP
K

Kiantsu

I don't wanna play full WW, I KNOW THAT IS UNPLAYABLE, only that if ATI RADEON 9600 is better, I would buy it

bugo

Kiantsu, just wait until dolphin is being developed...
Dont do anything before the next release...

OP
K

Kiantsu

whatever, before of this, I thought in ''actualice" my PC, I only was asking... maybe I buy when it can be bought the GeForce 5 (this year, on christmas?)

Allnatural

Kiantsu said:
I don't wanna play full WW, I KNOW THAT IS UNPLAYABLE, only that if ATI RADEON 9600 is better, I would buy it
It is better, but you seem insistent on buying parts for, and only for, Dolphin. That's the wrong way to go about things in my opinion. If your PC games require more video power, buy a new video card. If you want to see WW in color, buy a Gamecube.

Gladiac0190

Yes, it's very much better, but you should buy the radeon9600XT since it is much fast and buyable. And NO, only buy it, if your pcgames run at a low detail level... (I think, they do, because the mx is a piece of crap... sorry for my explanation...)

Last edited:
OP
K

Kiantsu

I wanted to change parts of my pc BEFORE of knowing nothing about dolphin, the matter is that in changing a piece I can get something better in a program, I choose it

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Gamecube ($99) + WW ($60) = $160
New processor + more memory + new mainboard + new gfx card = way above $160

Dude, see reason.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
If you wanna to buy a videocard..... buy a radeon9600xt or an fx5600u or fx5900xt (they're the best cards at good price)....... mx cards are crap pieces..... but don't expect a better emulation in some emus, because emulation is more processor dependant than gfx dependant...... expect much more in games......

GCPringle

Also Before You Upgrade, Consider: PCI Express Is Comming out Soon, So Are The New ATI CArds Made For PCI Express, Better cheaper Athlon 64 mobos, Nvidia will be on PCI Express Also, Why Do You Think There Hasent Been New Cards In Monthes.....

I Say Wait And Save Your $$$, Untill Newer Technology Is Here, Shouldent Be More Than A Few Monthes..... :king:

Reznor007

If you are looking for a good video card not only for Dolphin but for any PC game, get a Radeon 9500 or higher, and not an SE model.

Don't get GeforceFX though, they aren't nearly as good as they are promoted to be.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Reznor007 said:
Don't get GeforceFX though, they aren't nearly as good as they are promoted to be.

We are initiating a non-end discuss :gunman: , but i don't agree...... my card is not even Ultra but is very good.

Also Before You Upgrade, Consider: PCI Express Is Comming out Soon, So Are The New ATI CArds Made For PCI Express, Better cheaper Athlon 64 mobos, Nvidia will be on PCI Express Also, Why Do You Think There Hasent Been New Cards In Monthes.....

I Say Wait And Save Your $$$, Untill Newer Technology Is Here, Shouldent Be More Than A Few Monthes.....

i work with computers since 1994 with total knowledge of technologies and marketings, etc... and if you wait for new products for months, you will never buy new parts, you will wait more and more...... only wait for new products for one or two months, not for more than this.
These newer technologies have some enhancements, but this is not a revolution, or a "must wait to buy"......
Athlon64 is only the really good new tech part, but PCI Express for me is only a new AGP16x... don't wait for cheaper PCIx cards...

PS.: in all cases you can evaluate an radeon9600+, and gffx5600+ and buy.. have many reviews in specialized sites, you can take a look......

Last edited: