What's new

Ph33r dmp!!!

linker

Emutalk Member
Doomulation said:
1) I was never using the mmcontrol.
2) I'm using DirectMusic (directx) to play midi- and wave-files, which the player originally played. The mm api is merly for playing mp3 & wma.

OK OK! Don't get mad

GuestX

Doomulation said:
1) I was never using the mmcontrol.
2) I'm using DirectMusic (directx) to play midi- and wave-files, which the player originally played. The mm api is merly for playing mp3 & wma.

simple as a DX player... :)

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If you want it, here's dmp 4.05. Check the readme for updates.
OH! And no ogg support...the idiots at their hompage hasn't made any real examples on how to decode an ogg song... <_<

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

That made me remember...i have a good "icon" in .bmp format, but pasting it into c++ editor and saving it as an icon-file makes the color go away and makes it ugly as hell. You need icons to do it, though...if anyone could try to redo it.

Btw, i'm attaching dmp 4.13 where most annoying things are fixed and a step nearer completion ;)

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Righty-o, it was finished some pretty while ago so i thought i'd be nice and give it to you. Some annoyings bugs from the last version has been fixed and it has an..."icon"! :D

Enjoy; Doom Music Player 4.17.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Ok, this is what you've all been waiting for. Doom Music Player, another release! Features of this one isn't that great, but it now has full support for OGG! Gui has been redesigned, bugs fixed, etc, etc. Check out the readme for full update list. The OGG support is a little early and buggy, as a note.

Also, the delete files from the gui is a little buggy. Avoid deleting entire playlists; as this will mess it up, sorta. Unload the files instead. Deleting seperate files should work ok, though.

Oh, and if you wish to play ogg; you must grab this, or you'll get error when playing it: http://www.vorbis.com/files/1.0/tobias/OggDS0995.exe

Enjoy...and...good night :p :D

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Nice One

Ive just tried it Doom & i gotta say nice one

One prob though.

If you skip >> to the next track it dont play.
But if you >> to the next track & << Skip back its plays.

Another thing that would be nice is to choose Dirctorys including the Subs within, rather then only the files.

Also intriguing the Tempo & volume Slides, Shame you cant use them.

But again nice one i think you done well here & nice follow Up from your util.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Ok, thanks gent, I'll look it up :D
About the tempo, i know :( I've tried to make it work, but i can only do it when utilizing directmusic; which cannot be used to play mp3 or alike.
I'll implemt a choice to choose a directory and sub-dirs as well.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Here's what you wanted, Gent! :D
Now be a nice boy :happy: I had to change pretty much the whole system to get this to work! :phone:
I made it fast and disabled some features which doesn't work with the new system, but hey, it works, right?
The bug was fixed as well.

Enjoy; Dmp 4.37

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Here's dmp 4.43. Thanks to gent for bug-reports and a new feature added. A nice one at that. Enjoy.

Last edited:
OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Well, it's been quite a while since last, eh?
Anyway, I'll upload this new beuty so you can enjoy it. Heh, well mainly so I can download it elsewhere.
It's been alot of changes, check the readme. Can't be arsed to list them...but truly, you're not going to be dissapointed by it.

Yet again thanks to Gent for bug finds and suggestion :p
DMP 5.03, enjoy.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Cursed I didn't notice this earlier. One of the libraries is old.
Here's a new one.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Yeah it does...but functionality comes before gui. I was thinking of implemting a skin feature in the next release, though...
and remove that splash-screen with more elegant loading-messages.