What's new

Pers-szp ???

Izhido

Hi!

The above text ( "PERS-SZP" ) was found by the thousands in a N64 ROM file. Some bytes later (sometimes just a few, sometimes a lot) the word "FRAGMENT" accompanies it. All of them are found in groups, each one preceded by what it seems an 16-byte-wide "index" table, each entry of which signals the "starting point" of data structures that invariably start with "PERS-SZP".

My guess here is that each group is a "file" containing a list of PERS-SZP structures that apparently contain also FRAGMENT data (whatever that means). My question, in fact, is: Does anyone here know what exactly are these PERS-SZP structures?

Why am I asking this? To be honest, I'm actually looking for clues that let me know where in a N64 ROM file could be the 3D meshes that are actually rendered into the screen. No, not textures, or other images (I already know how to get some of the images); what I need to find is the actual vertex data that composes each 3D model in the ROM. And, since this PERS-SZP thing seem to have references to FRAGMENT info, well...

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Izhido