What's new

Performance issues...

Jorlin

Hi!

I just found this emulator.
My specs:
Pentium M 2Ghz
ATI 9700 mobility (3200 points in 3DMark2003)
1GB RAM

I am using a notebook (Asus W3N).

Today I tried Luigis Mansion and Zelda WindWaker. I get horrible performance... less than 7fps mostly so I do not dare to run more than the main title screen.

First I thought: Yeah, it's a game cube emu and somebody is having fun to develop a emulator that runs theoretically all GC games just fine (if you had a Pentium running on 10Ghz and a GeForceHyper 10000).

But the specs of those who post on this forum tell me that it should at least work somehow on my notebook.

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before but I could not find anything related. :paperbag:

Can you help me?

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Wind Waker runs about 2FPS ingame, so it's a waste of time to attempt to play. It's nice to look at in the beta though.

As for Luigi's Mansion, 7FPS for the title screen is a tad low. Usually 20 for the title screen is moderate.. don't know about that one. It doesn't go ingame though, so it's sort of pointless.

OP
J

Jorlin

My apologies...
When enabling dynarec it works much better.

Any other hints to make it more fluent?

@Sound: I just hear nothing when running a game...

OP
J

Jorlin

Thanks for the qucik help... is there any nice GC game that simply runs fine with Dolphin.
(I am not asking for any ROM or Link - I just want to know if there is a game that runs fluently and still is very good.)

smcd

Gamecube emulation is currently really slow, and looks to be that way for the foreseeable future. Even with the most current, top of the line PC, you'd still not get playable framerates in most games.

OP
J

Jorlin

sethmcdoogle said:
Gamecube emulation is currently really slow, and looks to be that way for the foreseeable future. Even with the most current, top of the line PC, you'd still not get playable framerates in most games.

Thanks! So better stick with the good old N64... :)

Clements

Bust-a-Move 3000 is fast enough to play with good graphics and sound. Memory card is not supported yet though. You may also have luck with other 2D games such as Nintendo Puzzle Collection.