What's new

Perfect gamepad configuration for Ocarina of Time?

astalavistacarl

Hey there guys. I have an old "BigBen Interactive" Gamepad (http://img4.billiger.de/p/a/f/2407828_L.jpg) which I wanted to use for playing OOT on Project 64.

It works, however, it's hard to control, especially aiming and running the way I like. That's why I'm asking you, what's the "best" way to configure the setting for optimal playing? (deadzone, range etc.) I'm using the Nrage plugin btw.

hope you guys can help me out!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If the game pad is a decent one, usually the default values will suffice (10% deadzone and analog stick range at 60% with 'Real N64 Range' checked). If these values are not optimal for you, experiment and find the values that you are content with.

Which version of N-Rage are you using anyway?

OP
A

astalavistacarl

nrage direct input8 v2.2.1 rc3
I used 66% with 5% dead zone. however, link starts running a bit too early. It's possible to walk slowly, however you have to be pretty careful. =/

Agozer

anyone? noone playing the game on project64?
A lot of people are, but most are perfectly fine with the default settings (or have long since found the settings that suit them and do not come around here), and most likely do not have the same gamepad as you do.

AFAIK, it's no different on the actual console, but I may be wrong as well.

Just experiment until you find the values you deem "optimal".

Last edited:

Agozer

Because there's always a slight chance that a given plugin or a specific version of one plugin is the cause of the problem - be it way the plugin was coded or the way it interfaces with a particular controller.