What's new

Perfect Dark

thomaswebb

Hello all, first time here so please be nice. i am having trouble getting Perfect Dark working with Project64 v1.5, or with any version. It loads, but when Dark gets to the menu screen the menu is black. Does anyone know how to fix this????

Project 64's defalut notes says '[video] missing lens effects', what does this mean and is it connected?

Lex

thomaswebb said:
Hello all, first time here so please be nice. i am having trouble getting Perfect Dark working with Project64 v1.5, or with any version. It loads, but when Dark gets to the menu screen the menu is black. Does anyone know how to fix this????

Project 64's defalut notes says '[video] missing lens effects', what does this mean and is it connected?

Specs? and wich plugins do you use? and use v1.5 of pj64

OP
T

thomaswebb

Re: Re: Perfect Dark

Lex said:
Specs? and wich plugins do you use? and use v1.5 of pj64

The plugins it says are Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5, Jabo's DirectSound 1.5 and Jabos DirectInput7 1.5. i am using version 1.5 of project 64, and what do you mean by specifications?

Lex

Re: Re: Re: Perfect Dark

thomaswebb said:
The plugins it says are Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5, Jabo's DirectSound 1.5 and Jabos DirectInput7 1.5. i am using version 1.5 of project 64, and what do you mean by specifications?

The specification of your system (Processor speed and wich graphics card you have).

OP
T

thomaswebb

Pentium 3, its says its using rendering card Direct3D HAL and video card XPERT98 AGP 2X, 132 RAM, not sure about my graphics card, do I need an upgrade or different plugin?

Lex

thomaswebb said:
Pentium 3, its says its using rendering card Direct3D HAL and video card XPERT98 AGP 2X, 132 RAM, not sure about my graphics card, do I need an upgrade or different plugin?

your graphics card is the problem buy a new one, something like a g-force 3 or 4.

But be sure first of what kind of graphics card you have before buying a new one.

supergamer

Banned
For memory, I had an Xpert 98 agp 2X too.

If you want to get PD to work, use the original win98 drivers. Choose the ati rage pro drivers (the ones form 1998). You can find them on the Win98 cd. If you want to play another game, reinstall the new drivers (it looks like had but it is very easy). go to "change plugins" and use jabo direct3d7 1.40 plugin (no newer one, no older one!) choose at the options "change blending mode if invalid for video card" and the menu appears. While playing the game, turn this option off!

Xpert98 is the same as the ati rage pro. It has the following problems: rendering problems (very pixelly), and multitexturing.

Questions? Ask it!

supergamer

Banned
I can "strongly" recommend to use newer video hardware. Like riva TNT2 or newer.
Here's a screenshot of PD with your card

No radar and munition.