What's new

perfect dark

sirearl

There must be a god damn way to get the god damn thing working properly! How am I meant to play the damn thing, when I can't use night vision goggles, or a camspy! I mean what the f**k!? I thought the whole reason jabo and zilmar were working so hard on it was to get it 'perfect' (ie PERFECT DARK!)... So what gives!? Is there a way to get it working properly!? I managed to get past the camspy level by taking millions of pictures... but then to my disapointment on the next damn level you can't see a thing with the goggles on (or off!)!!! Can anyone help me with this prob? does it work with a different version of the game or something?? I've got the usa version I think... anyway, thanks for the help. Oh, and I'm REALLY desperate!! (CAN YA TELL!?)

Method Man

Hadoken!
Give your specs,plugins, and the settings you have for your plugins and maybe we'll be able to find the solution to your problem.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
all the effects were not supposed to work on pj64 1.4. no matter how u tweak, camspy will not work, it was not implemented. same goes for nightvision, dizzy, etc.

and please dont talk like dat, just be happy u hav access to such an incredible emu!

:pj64:

OP
S

sirearl

So can I ask, has the source for the plugins been released? I noticed the compilers and core were there... but can't remember seeing the plugins... I'm just hoping that someone will at least make the game playable... sure, ya can play multiplayer relatively alright... but if someone would just create a hack to make the camspy/night vision goggles etc viewable it'd make the game 100 times funner! And I LOVE this game, and NEED to play it!! sorry about my errr... temper... but I think there are probably a lot of others out there sharing my sentiments... well thanks heaps, and I am very greateful for what Jabo and Zilmar have done, and I'm sad to see them go :( Thanks heaps everyone

Sir_Earl

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
dude, if u love it, buy the fekking game.

and no the source for Jabo's plugin is not open. makes u wonder about the plugin's future...

OP
S

sirearl

Look, I don't love it, I'm IN LOVE WITH IT! lol but I don't have any money... so I'm not about to go buy an N64 just for one game... anyway... any ideas why the graphic plugin isn't open source?? It'd make a lot of ppl happy!!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ok, earl,

im taking a wild guess here (a very very wild one). think man, why wouldnt Jabo release the source along with zilmar? maybe, just maybe, he wants to continue making/updating his gfx plugin?

and no pressure on Jabo, he does anything he wants for all i care(/me just taking a wild guess). he given me enough to be thankful for(and Zilmar, and Smiff, and Eagle, and The Gentleman, etc).

Acorn

Smiff stated earlier that they would never release the grfx plugin, because someone who had contributed to it in its early stages had ask them not to. Not sure though.

Greevy

Resident Emusician
Nope.

It isn't the full source and the plugins aren't included since Jabo isn't the biggest "Open source" fan.
(And zilmar audio plugin didn't change much since the first release).

Greevy.

A-Spec

"and no pressure on Jabo, he does anything he wants for all i care"

No one's applying any pressure, he (and I) simply wanted to know if there was any way to get the source code for the plugin.

"dude, if u love it, buy the fekking game."

Who said he didn't own it? N64 games look a lot better in high-res w/nice speakers than they do on a crappy TV screen with one little mono speaker. Hence the reason for the emulator...

"maybe, just maybe, he wants to continue making/updating his gfx plugin"

How would releasing source code impede this?

"he given me enough to be thankful for(and Zilmar, and Smiff, and Eagle, and The Gentleman, etc)."

Who cares (lol)! No one asked about your relationships with your online buddies.

PJ64 is cool and all but it's got more than it's share of problems, more so in this latest release. I'm all for "respecting the authors" but don't expect everyone to share your zeal about the all-holy pj64. Not everyone is a fanboy.

Last edited:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
its left stuff for other emus to fix anyway. little bugs here and there, that can probably be fixed by the core. but no night vision is a bit annoying, i dont really care if it can be fixed. is there a cheat or something to skip that one level.

Eliminator

The Eliminator
Just turn up your brightness LOL. In that level you only need to use night vision for a short period of time. Once you take the elevator the light turns back on. Also make sure you have "change blending mode if invalid for video card" enabled in the video options for the next level.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
A-Spec said:
[B"dude, if u love it, buy the fekking game."

Who said he didn't own it? N64 games look a lot better in high-res w/nice speakers than they do on a crappy TV screen with one little mono speaker. Hence the reason for the emulator...
[/B]

if u read his post, u would know he doesnt hav it. he even admits it later on!

anyway, ur rite about my excessive fanboyness, ya ill keep it to myself now

yogaman

Banned
oh let's stop pretending .......99% of u all guys (me too) don't even own half the romz they have for the real console....and from those 99%, 90% are only off playing games they can't buy/ don't wanna buy ....most of them are lamers who complain if game x doesn't work or nemu0.y isnt' out yet! And very few are really great blokes who love gaming but do appreciate that they can do that for TOTALLY FREE....thx to the authors. It's no shame not having the romz, to be honest, I don't believe that a single person in the whole emu scene has only those romz he bought!!

let's stop pretending!

DeepBlade

i'm poor, i have no choice, I'ma afgan child... with america bombing us and all.. it's kinda hard to walk out to the store and buy n64 games....

either way... emulators are the best.. they'll keep games alive. and why would you want to play a first person shooter on an emultor? that's the worse thing someone can do... even though first person shooters on console systems seem to be the only things that really have story to them. If not, just play unreal T or quake 3

Eliminator

The Eliminator
I used to own the most of the real games that I have roms for. But i used to own them plus a real n64......but I sold mine.

yogaman

Banned
Eliminator said:
I used to own the most of the real games that I have roms for. But i used to own them plus a real n64......but I sold mine.

nice try ;) ....but didn't last long did it?....

Eliminator

The Eliminator
No I seriously owned n64 and around 20 games. But I got bored of it and sold it plus I wanted to get Xbox. Is that so damn hard to believe! :pissed:

yogaman

Banned
no, it's not hard to belive that many blokes around here have a N64 console and maby a few games....but my point is that u wouldn't just d/l games u already have.....maby one or two, just because "the resolution & sound is better"....but greed goes on and u start downloading games and more games, later u end up with 20:1 games u don't have! If u want to stick with the law, delete all the games within 24hrs. :D

and BTW, take it easy (see my other post....) I'm not blaming u!