What's new

Perfect Dark will not start (on my computer) in Rice 5.4.2

MastaKlobb

First of all I would like to thank Rice for the best graphics plugin I have ever used, the amount of options are great and all my games look the best I have seen on PC. Thank you very much for making it Radeon compatible. Goldeneye looks beautiful and plays very smoothly.
I have one problem though, when I try to load Perfect Dark on this plugin the game seems to load and then the core starts falling and eventually the game just stops on 98-99% idle.
This is not a problem of the rom's as I have managed to run the game on Jabo's 1.5 fine.
I would love to see how the plugin works on this game. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Be patient. Perfect Dark often takes some more seconds before anything appears, otherwise, you have a PC system problem and you should check your drivers.

The problem isn't the Radeon 9000 Pro video card's fault, because Perfect Dark will
initialize with Rice's Daedalus GFX 5.4.2 renderer plugin for me.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Try to disable the "N64 Frame buffer Emu" option. Setting it to something like "Check & Write Back" seems to freeze the game play. This option works pretty good at the PD intro, though.

OP
MastaKlobb

MastaKlobb

I've tried lots of plugin settings, should I try the rom preferences?
7003CEC: Exeption in emulation thread. This what it says when I close it.