What's new

Perfect Dark sky prob...

Rajveer

Hey everyone, im new here, my name's Rajveer. Ive just dloaded Perfect Dark for Project 64 v1.4, and I use Jabo's Direct3D 7 and sometimes 6. The problem is that the sky is, well, missing in all levels. Might not be missing, but when I look at it, what happens is that instead of showing the sky, it shows what I was just looking at, and when i move and look at the sky, it keeps on showing what i looked at before, all over the sky. Pretty hard to explain, but I hope u understand. The status says 'Issues (plugin)', but it could be referring to the lens effects problem. Im running a P4 2.0GHz, 512 MB RDRam and a GeForce 3. I heard that OpenGL plugins were probably more suited for my GeForce 3, so do u think this is the problem? Please, somebody, help me! :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The OpenGL plugins are not as compitable as the DirectX. I've not played this game myself, but it's possible that the issues could releate to this.

Davemc

Dave
i'm pretty sur this happens to anyone

it's just a plugin problem

it happens to me and it's a known issue

there isnt another graphics plugin that works any good woth perfect dark to my knowledge (which is verry little)

hardfifi

I'm a newbie too and I've exactly the same pb.
I think it's because there is no texture or bitmap for the sky with the emulator.
With this issue this exceptionnal game is unplayable in some levels (level 2 for exple)
I've tryed many tweaks in the video plug in and in my graphic card.
I ve understand that many people could play this game so i imagine there is a solution to our problem
please help

hardfifi

it's carrington villa
the screen is a big mess after a few movements because the sky is full of texture of the 3D objects (roofs, trees,snipers, coopter ...)
In N64 emulation support center this game is known as playable so I think that there is a solution to this issue.
The only known pb is the lens effect so playing with the gamespy is impossible, you have to play with the wireframe rasterization.
Is there somebody who has finished this game ?

OP
R

Rajveer

its weird, in goldeneye it can show it, and basically the sky is the same, as this uses the goldeneye engine. It should be able to display it, but I dunno whats wrong. Wish PJ64 was still in the works, i could have told them bout this prob. U think if I can tell jabo, then he'll try to fix it?

OP
R

Rajveer

the reason why it doesnt affect the datadyne levels is because in the datadyne levels, the sky is just a bitmap, not a proper sky like in the later levels.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Rajveer said:
U think if I can tell jabo, then he'll try to fix it?

im pretty sure hes fully aware of the problem. and the Official answer to ur question would be no, no he wouldnt fix it.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
known issue, its most likely to be on smiffs site, or even in the manual... u guys should read them first.

anyways, as far as im aware, jabos direct3d6/7 1.4 cant do certain stuff, such as the sky in certain levels, the x-ray goggles, etc. the game is still playaable to the end, i think.

hardfifi

I'vent see anything about this issue anywhere and there 's nothing about that in the manual
and the game is unplayable at less in the mission 2 villa carrington.
This pb is also present for exple in the combat simulator, challenge 1

I don't want to play this game on the N64 it'so difficult with the joypad and without saves !!!!

Is there somebody who as finished this game with PJ64 ? If yes please help !!!

hardfifi

I'vent see anything about this issue anywhere and there 's nothing about that in the manual
and the game is unplayable at less in the mission 2 villa carrington.
This pb is also present for exple in the combat simulator, challenge 1

I don't want to play this game on the N64 it'so difficult with the joypad and without saves !!!!

Is there somebody who as finished this game with PJ64 ? If yes please help !!!