What's new

Perfect Dark questions

jmc1029

First of all, Perfect Dark emulation is pretty good when compared to other emu's. And THE best when speed is concerned. There is one gripe/question that I do have. why do distant skies, backgrounds etc. appear garbled and certain instruments such as spycam and night vision etc. do not work at all. It must have to do with a certain layer of animation or something. Does anybody know a way to configure jabo's direct 3d 4.0 or a fix that will solve this? Please don't think I'm critisizing the emu or it's programmers. Just curious if there is a fix out there. Thanks for any help!

BoNeZ:cool:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
it cannot be fixed.

lense effects werent implented, therefore blank screen. if u really want, use wireframe to get past the parts where u use the 'instruments'.

the sky...its not garbled, it is just not drawn at all(interestingly, some levels do hav drawn skies ie carrington inst, skedar ruins)

OP
J

jmc1029

what a bummer

Total bummer, dude.
is this a problem that cannot be fixed or just has not been fixed yet? Seems kind of strange that no other games have this problem. Thanks for the advice, though!

LMK if there comes any new news in this area!

BoNeZ:cool:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ill tell ya again, its not implemented. You cant ask me to fix a car if there isnt a car! no other game has this problem because PD uses some advance(?) techniques that no other game uses

unless Jabo decides to continue with his plugin, we will hav to wait for someone else to make something that will hav it implemented. Watch out for Nemu, Azimer's gfx plugin, or 1964's ogl.

OP
J

jmc1029

Sorry

Sorry, dude
I am sort of new to emu'ing (2 or 3 months) and I have yet to fully understand the whole plugin/emu thing. I wasn't asking any specific person to fix or not. Just curious. please excuse the dumb question.

-BoNeZ

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
oh, i didnt mean to challenge u to program a gfx plugin! :D
i was just telling u the whole story. ur obvious new to this if u didnt know the PD sky and lense thing. dont worry, ull learn, and plugins will improve.:)