What's new

Pc Turn's For A Slight Sec but......

LinkTheHero

Princeofpersia
Hey Everyone My Other Pc is a 2 Year Old Packard Bell witch has had no problems intell now :plain: i was just on it installing new software and stuff and suddenly the side of it came off and made a little shake on the floor and then the Pc turned off :unsure: so i was like oh no problem just turn it back on and damn out of my luck it it woudn't :angry: it turn's on for 2 secs b4 even the bios screen show's up and turn's off stright away leaveing the power led on with a flashing orange and blue light :(

any idea's from any1 would be greatful =]

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Hey Everyone My Other Pc is a 2 Year Old Packard Bell witch has had no problems intell now :plain: i was just on it installing new software and stuff and suddenly the side of it came off and made a little shake on the floor and then the Pc turned off :unsure: so i was like oh no problem just turn it back on and damn out of my luck it it woudn't :angry: it turn's on for 2 secs b4 even the bios screen show's up and turn's off stright away leaveing the power led on with a flashing orange and blue light :(

any idea's from any1 would be greatful =]

Loose power cable ? Broken power connection?

GCFreak

Sounds like your power supply or motherboard might have hit the dummy. Check them both to see if they work. If it ends up the power supply is broken, check all the other hardware which is directly powered by it; the power supply might have spiked other hardware which can cause them to fail aswell.

smcd

I had a similar issue several years ago when a capacitor leaked on the motherboard (fatal)

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I've had a sound card capacitor blow up exhibiting the same result as the O.P.

OP
LinkTheHero

LinkTheHero

Princeofpersia
Well i changed The Power Supply and guess what.....SHE LIVEZ haha lawl :p good thing i had spare's hanging around :) also the other hardware has not been damaged so it's all good :D

OP
LinkTheHero

LinkTheHero

Princeofpersia
yeah the old baby still has some life left in her :p i mostly use it as a media center for my brother's to watch there movie's :) so there glad it's working again :D