What's new

paper mario save problem

kainino

ok so i use *normal* save (not save state), and it was working, and then 1 time i try to load my game, and theres no saves. i was about to go to what ever it is that comes after koopa bros, then i tried loading my old (sucky) save *state* from pj64 v1.5 and then saveing but i still didn't find any saves. btw this is with pj64 v1.6
thx

P.S. sorry i had to make a new thread because i couldnt figure out how to find (or if there even was) an old thread about this

Last edited:

snesmaster40

Wow, something weird happened to me too. I've somehow managed to save in all four slots at the same time!

Oh and did you check the save folder to see if your save file was there? Have you changed anything since the last time you played?

Tooty

the same problem comes to me, may be more weird, after used normal save of the game and closed the rom, next time all four slots comes with the same registered name but no save, though the save file has been modified with the new date, the content is always unchanged

OP
K

kainino

ok now im reallly confused... i tried to load paper mario today and my save showed up and Tooty yes my save was there

Clements

Yup, PJ64 registers a save in all four slots for some reason. 1964 doesn't have this problem.

Burnpro

Supar ***
with 1.5 the game locks in certain areas, so i had to export the last native save to 1964 to bypass that scene then save again and export to pj1.5 and continue (i liked 1.5 better than 1964 with this game)

OP
K

kainino

well thx for your help but like i said it came back by its self...
and yes it does save in all 4 slots but i dont wana use 1964 im too lazy to remember how to configure 2 emulators :p

Last edited: