What's new

Paper Mario problem

konapo

The game seemed to work fine at first but it has many problems..some times characters become black, screen flashes and animation doesnt appear propertly (e.g. candles appear black). How can i fix this?

My system is
pentium 3~1000mhz
geforce3
soundblaster live 5.1
640mb ram

Allnatural

Did you read anything on the rules page? I'll be more specific this time. Read the GameFAQ.:plain2:

OP
K

konapo

I know that already. Known issue doesnt mean you dont have to care and do nothing for. it means that you are already looking for a solution. >O

sk8bloke22

roll for life
not if its a closed project. pj64 isnt going anywhere now that it has been finished, so basically there is no solution, and never will be using the current plugins available. maybe newer plugins will solve this issue...ull just hav to be patient and wait.

Adaman

Paper mario runs just fine except for the flashing, when the characters are black it usually means its just a dark place... just a few accurances when they arent black at the right times.

OP
K

konapo

WRONG!!!

Adaman you are totally wrong. You cant finish the game. Now tell me how you pass the part inside the fish's belly where its totally BLACK. DONT DAMN TELL ME ITS A KNOWN ISSUE. KNOWN ISSUES ARE TO PLANED TO BE FIXED OR ELSE THEY ARE IGNORED BUGS. JUST SAY "I DONT GIVE A DAMN AND WE DONT CARE IF ANY GAME WORKS". You will be more honest. THIS FORUM HAS NO REASON OF EXISTENCE SINCE ITS A CLOSED PROJECT. SO CLOSE THE DAMN FORUM AND DONT CAUSE MORE TROUBLE TO US!!:angry:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: WRONG!!!

konapo said:
Adaman you are totally wrong. You cant finish the game. Now tell me how you pass the part inside the fish's belly where its totally BLACK. DONT DAMN TELL ME ITS A KNOWN ISSUE. KNOWN ISSUES ARE TO PLANED TO BE FIXED OR ELSE THEY ARE IGNORED BUGS. JUST SAY "I DONT GIVE A DAMN AND WE DONT CARE IF ANY GAME WORKS". You will be more honest. THIS FORUM HAS NO REASON OF EXISTENCE SINCE ITS A CLOSED PROJECT. SO CLOSE THE DAMN FORUM AND DONT CAUSE MORE TROUBLE TO US!!:angry:
Stop flaming! :angry:
Pj is continued now if you didn't know.
And the forum's existence, if you didn't know, is to help people!
As for the known issues...they are bugs which either are ignored (they aren't priority high enough to be fixed before others), or the authors haven't found how to fix them.

As for the black screen, enable emulate clear and use your buddy!

A

audioEFEX

I make it a point never to participate in flames; this is why I won't tell this Konapo person what a fucking moron he is, or that he must be from AOL (August 1, 1995 : AOL puts it's 2 million users directly onto the internet, and the downfall of the web begins...), or that he must be the type of guy who would sue someone who had given him CPR - 'cause the nice guy who rescued him accidentally cracked his rib while saving his life.

No, I won't say that.

What I will say to this obviously insane person (I think I smell a troll...) is to search these boards for postings in my name - it will be easy; I haven't made too many. You will find a posting from a month or two ago about Paper Mario (gee, didn't think about searching for that, did you???). You will also find many older ones. If you took a 1/2 hour and read all of these, you would have all the soloutions you would need (proper settings, etc.) to finish the game.

Your nasty note about that there is absolutely no way to finish the game is simply false; your IQ level is apparent from your use of such a declarative sentence on a topic that you admit to knowing nothing about (in caps, none the less - first rule of the internet, ALL CAPS MEANS SCREAMING which is RUDE and ill get you NOWHERE, as you undobtedly discover each and every unfortunate day you breathe). I know this statement is false because I have, in fact, finished the game myself. Saw it with my own eyes!

As I said, and am repeating so you really get it, and hopefully won't bother us again :

THE GAME CAN BE FINISHED (yelling, when appropriate, and deserved, is okay).

Read my posts, read a few of the others, and you should have all of the settings you need to make the game playable - not perfect, but about 95%, which is just fine by me.

If it's not enough for you, you should stop using emulators and only use the nintendo 64 console you have hooked up to your tv, and your personal cartridge of Paper Mario. You do own the original cart, don't you?

What's that? You don't?

THEN STOP YOUR FUCKING WHINING!!!!!!

Everyone else besides this loser, have a great day!!!
:D

Rasmus

Banned
kanpo, slow down...!!

the solution is here...... again.....

choose copy buffers when u are in a part with black characters, and whoops there ya go, all normal again, now it runs very slow though, so u have to reset the rom.

just after the reset, unmark copybuffers again and start your saved game up, now black characters are no more throughout the whole game :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Rasmus said:
kanpo, slow down...!!

the solution is here...... again.....

choose copy buffers when u are in a part with black characters, and whoops there ya go, all normal again, now it runs very slow though, so u have to reset the rom.

just after the reset, unmark copybuffers again and start your saved game up, now black characters are no more throughout the whole game :)
No need to reset. Just set the frambuffer to none again.