What's new

Paper Mario - Pj64

Blue

I tried emulating the game with many emulators and so far, pj64 works best. as best as it can run it though there are major graphics bugs. I tried both Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5 and Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40. With Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5 :happy: , the problem is mainly transparency (I've already checked "Force Normal Blending"). Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40 is a real mess. 1964 :yucky: has no sound and transparency problems.
I've downloaded the service pack for pj64.
What should I do? I don't think it's my computer's components that suck.

May those who help me have a nice future and a cool life :bouncy: i dunno what to do at all

BTW I've also tried many other video plugins with pj64 and they all work real bad. As of the rest I've checked and unchecked all video options one after another to see if it would works better but with no success.

Trotterwatch

Post your system specs, just saying 'What should I do? I don't think it's my computer's components that suck.' is not useful :)

Graphics card in particular.

Rices Video, Glide64 (with Hacktaruxes wrapper), GLN64, Direct64 should all work ok on this game AFAIK.

OP
B

Blue

Graphics card is motherboard-integrated Intel. I don't know where to look for more info. Device Manager shows me 'bout 6 kinds of Intel-something. Trust me I'm not an expert in that kind of things.

Pj64 doesnt "find" Rices's videos plugins...Glide64 has about 7 things in it i don't understand and thus can't install, GLN64 doesn't work at all (laaaggy and doestn't show anything).

Direct64 has windows xp shut the emulator.

OP
B

Blue

I guess ill just forget n64 emulation. it sucks hard. i dont really blame emulator-makers but i cant understand its so difficult to make one and only good emulator.
you know you get surprised when you see that your computer runs super-good 3d games and cant run lil 64 games.

Clements

Your graphics card is simply too weak to use almost all plugins. Integrated Intel is a disgrace I'm afraid. You probably have to use Glide64 + eVoodoo to get it looking acceptable.

dret

Paper Mario works perofectly for me. I'm using Rice's Video Plugin 5.6.0.
my vid card is a radeon 9100 IGP btw.

Trotterwatch

Blue said:
I guess ill just forget n64 emulation. it sucks hard. i dont really blame emulator-makers but i cant understand its so difficult to make one and only good emulator.
you know you get surprised when you see that your computer runs super-good 3d games and cant run lil 64 games.
I understand where you are coming from, the fact is though that N64 games are not PC native ;) Emulation requires certain things that a PC game may not need.

dot.hack

He mention Intel integrated chipset..for sure it's the chipset. I used to have one and it was crap...games runs slow everything did. Now, that I build a system w/ a GeForce FX 5200 AGP...all compatible N64 for PJ64 run perfect (with minor GFX glitches but they are minor and don't expect perfection). So more than likely it's your system..have you tried updating your video drivers to see if that helps?? http://support.intel.com