What's new

paper mario issue

deamonz666

hi there im having a problem with paper mario everytime it goes to the cut scene where peach meet twink itll get to the end of the cut scene and then say "failed to translate" and say a number starting from 0 and goes up by 20 everytime i click retry, ive googled solutions to this but being very new to emulators i have no idea what im reading. i have a windows vista 32 bit system with an intel core 2 duo prosessor 3GB of ram and 356mb video card. i wasnt using cheats orginally but after frustration i tried a couple to see if combinations would let me past the end of this cutscene but to no avail. so anyone that could help me out here would be greatly appreciated. if youd like a copy of my save id be happy to provide it but youll have to tell me how to upload it for you :S sorry im kinda useless here. but i would love to play paper mario again so any help would be loved even if there a way i can just skip the cutscene itself i could live with that. thank you very much in advanced

Edit. i tried using glide to get past this, but now P64 will just crash when i load an emulator....... i am confused.......... :S

Last edited:

MuffinSlayer

What version of Project 64, 1.6 or 1.7? For your problem, try running project64 in compatibility mode (try Vista Service Pack 2, it worked for me).

OP
D

deamonz666

Ver. 1.6, i have service pack two in vista and yup its a good Rom, i got it off a friend thats beaten it already, he had no issues so he told me to come here and ask you guys. how would i make compatibility mode work?

OP
D

deamonz666

im using the E version i have yet to be able to find a U version. i presume E is NTSC/American and U is PAL/European?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
im using the E version i have yet to be able to find a U version. i presume E is NTSC/American and U is PAL/European?
Correct. You should always use NTSC ROMs, unless you must have 17% slower game and perhaps an option to select from multiple languages --- in this case play PAL games, by all means.

If you want the games to run at their intended speed, use NTSC ROMs. PAL ROMs are more difficult to emulate properly thanks to timing differences, so PAL games may exhibit emulation problems that are not present in the NTSC counterpats.

OP
D

deamonz666

i imagine you read the above post about running p64 in compatibility mode. is this a possible function? if so how would i use this?

OP
D

deamonz666

at this point i would also consider a save file thats just saved shortly after this time frame in the game cause i really wanna play this game but the intro is kinda boring till you get to the first star spirit......

OP
D

deamonz666

so the problem is temper-airily fixed after downloading 12 paper mario roms i found one that works in that section till you have a save point, but then that ones toasted, so i went back to my orginal one from there........ thanks for all your help helpfully i can fully enjoy the game from here on in

azraelfotzbart

if you play the pal version on 1.6, it crashes each time after you complete a chapter, when those little peach scenes happen.

but it's not that much of an problem, because it always let's you battery save before these scenes, so just load the save with the ntsc version, and so on.

btw, this issue's fixed with 1.7