firefox

i have a problem with paper mario PAL version
after meeting between princess peach and twink star an error message appear:(
i use rice video plugin 6.1.1
help please
sorry for my crappy english.....

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
try the U rom and see if you get the same thing make sure all your divers are up to date

Last edited:
OP
F

firefox

same stuff with glide64 :(
i think is an emu issue not a plugin issue

EDIT:
my drivers are up to date

Last edited:
OP
F

firefox

yes. i've downloaded it from PJ64's official site
i'm downloading the ntsc version so i can see if is a problem of the rom

OP
F

firefox

maybe you are blind
i've wrote that i'm downloading ntsc version so i can test it :angry:

D.Farougia

Go to the save directory, take the PJ's Papermario save file : "PAPER MARIO.fla", rename it like a 1964 save file "PAPER MARIO-19AB29AFC71BCD28.fla" and put it in the 1964 save directory... Play the game with 1964... It will work (don't forget to save your party at the next save point)

If you want to play again with Pj after this point, you just have to rename the save file from 1964'name to PJ's name etc etc...

OP
F

firefox

Go to the save directory, take the PJ's Papermario save file : "PAPER MARIO.fla", rename it like a 1964 save file "PAPER MARIO-19AB29AFC71BCD28.fla" and put it in the 1964 save directory... Play the game with 1964... It will work (don't forget to save your party at the next save point)

If you want to play again with Pj after this point, you just have to rename the save file from 1964'name to PJ's name etc etc...

thank you very much:bouncy:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Always use NTSC versions, unless you have a really good reason to use PAL versions.

As far as getting Paper Mario to work, a good (U) version of the ROM image and Glide64 + hactarux's wrapper combo work perfectly.

cityofangels418

I had the same problem, and I just hit F4 to stop limiting the FpS and it worked, but now I found another problem, and wanted to know if they're related.

After beating the Shy Guy Toy Box, when I take the whale trip to LavaLava Island, the game freezes immediately after the scene with the seagull as the whale is crossing the ocean. I tried hitting F4 but it doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks,
Bryan

ecarlson05

I have recently encountered the same issue and have tried everything I thought of, I updated my drivers, checked the troubleshooting, everything before coming here.
I then tried this F4 thing which seemed to not do anything.
I do not understand these directions:
Anyone care to break that down for me a little more? i.e - I don't know what 1964 is (sorry i'm a pj64 newb)
I suppose I will try to find the U version of the rom, here is the version mine says:
Paper Mario (E) (M4) (!)
I suppose that is wrong?
If I find the U version though would I be able to use my same save states and/or in game saves?
Any additional help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ecarlson05

EDIT - Yes!!! I found the (U) rom and I got past that scene.
I was surprised since it did not have the same state (not surprised by that), but it did have my "real" saved game as if I had a memory card, so that is awesome.
One last question is, does the (U) version have anything the (E) doesn't? Just wondering what I am going to be missing?
Thanks again!!!

D.Farougia

You're not going to miss anything

(U) : 60 fps + English
(E) : 50 fps + Multilanguage

(1964 is an emu, like PJ64, Nemu, etc)

D.Farougia

No,
If you want to play with another language than "English", you have to play with the (E) rom...

It's possible, there is a way

That's why I explained it

Firefox said : "sorry for my crappy english.....", I don't think that he wants to play with an english language, so....