What's new

Paper Mario Hangs

kristof

~KRISTOF~
Howdy...

Probably a simply solved question, I have just started to re-play Paper Mario this year and I selected the "Unlimited Badge Points" (or something similar) cheat and let it get injected into the game. No problems with the cheat working at all its just the next time i Level Up (to be more specific level 5 to level 6, ontop of Mt Rugged) the game hangs just before the choices of upgrade comes.

Is this because of the cheat, should I start the game again without cheats or can I get a workaround??

Appreciate any help

P.S. Pay no attention to my specs!!! They are way old

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Please try again without the cheat code and tell us the result, i've never heard of this but it sounds like cheats could be the cause, cheats do screwy stuff to the game by messing with its memory and this can cause a crash.

Also please tell us your plugin configuration.

OP
kristof

kristof

~KRISTOF~
That was something I negleted to add... I did try without the cheat code on, closed the emu and tried again (twice) but still does the hangy thang.

Am currently using this setup;

1964 v0.99
Rice's Video Plugin v6.1.1 BETA 10
Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2
N-Rage's Direct Input8 (v2) 1.80a

I haven't changed any settings regarding the cheats, INI, nothing. Just installed chose plugins and played

goodfella8304

I am having the same problem. After using the maximum badge points code, the game freezes before I can select upgrades for level 3. There is one point of interest however: if I am playing the game in the windowed mode of 1964, and switch to fullscreen when it is frozen, the screen goes blank, but the music changes. I am not experienced at all with emulation, so I have no idea what is going on, but it's not really a big deal considering I'm only at Koopatown. Next time I use a cheat, I will be sure to back up my save file.

-Link-

Try this code

No Star Points (0) - 8010F2A0 0000
If emulator hangs at level up, enable this cheat and don't disable it whatsoever!

OP
kristof

kristof

~KRISTOF~
Ok thats a thought...

But doesn't that then mean I will never ever level up??? I mean i like to cheat to get some things but not everything.

Thanks for a solution though