What's new

Paper Mario glitch

gregerz1991

I get to the cut-scene in Paper Mario when Peach first meets Twink and then the screen turns white, after that I get a message saying 'Failure to translate', and the game stops. Can anyone help me?

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Check to see if it is a valid ROM with GoodN64. I remember having a similar problem long ago caused by a bad ROM.

D.Farougia

Use the (U) Rom, This problem only happen on (E) Rom...

If you want to play the (E) version because you can choose your language with it,

go to the save directory, take the PJ's Papermario save file : "PAPER MARIO.fla", rename it like a 1964 save file "PAPER MARIO-19AB29AFC71BCD28.fla" and put it in the 1964 save directory... Play the game with 1964... It will work (don't forget to save your party at the next save point)

If you want to play again with Pj after this point, you have to rename the save file from 1964'name to PJ's name etc etc...

Also, you can Take your (E) save, then play with the (U) rom with it, and re-play with the (E) (I never test it)

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
the E save to U save thing that your suggesting, Farougia, probably works. I tried it with smash bros from (U) to (J) and it worked fine. Just don't try to load save states.