What's new

Paper Mario Best Config?

Lemon`

Anyone know the best Audio, Graphic, and RSP Plugin for this game?
[Without flickers, dark characters in dark places, etc.]
I saw another post about this but it was pretty old so the plugins were old too
i tried a lot of the plugins and most of them made really weird graphics and the sound goes weird when i go to items menu, also in the forest of boo pretty much it flickers a lot. i got GeForce FX 5200 v9520 VS so i dun think my gfx card got nething to do with it..... any suggestions? i used p64 and 1964, best was with 1964 + jabo's gfx so far...

OP
L

Lemon`

nvm i just tried this and it works freakin great!
PJ64 v1.5 /w SP
Rice 5.6.0 Plugin
Jabo's Audio
No RSP

when playing game set Current Game Option -> Frame Update At -> At VI Origin change

and it works fine :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: time to play hehe

OP
L

Lemon`

okay this makes the game smooth and all and without flicker but just found out that in dark places it makes my characters dark know how to fix this ?

@לציון

1964 0.99
Rice 5.6.0 Plugin (Try Glide 64 and in config put Hybrid combiner to solve your problem)
Azimer 0.40 or Schibo HLE
No RSP

when i try and do this :"when playing game set Current Game Option -> Frame Update At -> At VI Origin change" it says Advanced Options are not allowed to be changed whats with that can you help me??

t4tav

Banned
Lemon` said:
Anyone know the best Audio, Graphic, and RSP Plugin for this game?
[Without flickers, dark characters in dark places, etc.]
I saw another post about this but it was pretty old so the plugins were old too
i tried a lot of the plugins and most of them made really weird graphics and the sound goes weird when i go to items menu, also in the forest of boo pretty much it flickers a lot. i got GeForce FX 5200 v9520 VS so i dun think my gfx card got nething to do with it..... any suggestions? i used p64 and 1964, best was with 1964 + jabo's gfx so far...

I have the same problem but i keep geting it to flicker and most of the time i get this

Dr. Cumshot

Rice or Glide, neither is perfect it seems

Sorry to bump a month old topic, but I'm having similar issues as well. My specs are a P4 3.0 gig HT processor, 1 gig of DDR400 ram, Radeon 9800xt w/ 256 megs, and I'm using... :cough: onboard sound. Following @לציון's suggestion, I tried both Rice 5.6.0 and Glide64 in 1964. I have a picture... in the first shot, Bowser's fire causes some kind of white box to show up over his face with Glide64. In the second shot, Rice 5.6.0 has an issue with the transparacy of the cards and their shading. And in the third shot, we of course have the famous black sprite problem with Rice, and I also noticed Rice didn't put a shadow there.

Is there anything I can do to fix issue number 1 in Glide64, or is there anything I can do to fix issues number 2 and 3 in Rice 5.6.0, or am I just gonna have to pick one glitch over the other? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edit: It looks like if I use Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.1, I get the worst of issues number 1 and 2, but issue number 3 is completely resolved, as the sprites are shadowed like they're supposed to be, not black or full brightness. Just providing as much info as possible.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
At the moment, I can only advise you to play around with all the settings in rice's plugin. Sometimes it can make wonders. Be sure to try and switch a little of the advanced settings too.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
I don't think that there's any fix for the Black Sprite issue in Rice's. If anyone knows how to fix this, grab the plugin source and please do. :D

Last edited: