What's new

Paper mario..... annoying gfx errors(btw 1964 rocks)

Rogue

ok... firstly i wana say 1964 is THE BEST n64 emulator that will work on my comp, ive ran paper mario on many emulators(a few i hada moify plugins for myself.... i suck at it, trial and error ^.^' mostly) and ive never seen it continualy run so smooth as ive gotten it on 1964 ver0.8.5 using d3d7 1.40 gfx plugin and Azimer's v0.40 beta 2(maxed buffer, everything but log output and hq mode on, perfect sound neerly![truely perfect while just walking, bravo Azimer!]) and the only errors i get and absolutely hate.... are!(so far) that the dust at your feet is just black boxes, when they have little emote boxes, its just black, thres a black box behind the speach bubbles.... and during the part right after the castle is lifted up both mario and peach are jsut black blocks at first... well using jabo's d3d6 i got them ontop of it, but latter the stars when they fly over me are just boxes .... its a game ruining effect.... for me...

yet i do have to say, the emulator runs great on my pityfull system
600mhz celeron(with a few tweeks) 192mb sdram, ati rage lt pro 8mb(with a tweek or 2 yet again) ummmm if u need more jsut ask... it otherwise runs perfectly... and yes im using a checked rom.... well yah... i wana be able to see everything, though i dont mind about the foot dust, i get the fealing its all in simular layers so would all have to be fixed same time ^.^.... if anyone needs more info just post and i will respond asap, i wana finaly beat paper mario.....(neerly beat it on meh n64, then memory chip broke in half ><, cant save anything anymore... cant aford aa mem chip....)

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
The black squares are probably caused by your video card. Time to think about getting a newer video card.

OP
R

Rogue

RJARRRPCGP said:
The black squares are probably caused by your video card. Time to think about getting a newer video card.
damed laptop.... could be the driver also though... its a realy crappy driver.... a good driver by ati doesnt exist... nor by toshiba(its a sattlite 1695cdt laptop...they didnt even make one if i remember right) i m gona have to try to find another driver somone made/modifyed...... if u look at ati's website the alternate driver there, well let me just say it doesnt work well with much....

revl8er

That Damn Good
You might wanna think about getting a new system since you can't upgrade your laptop. You can get decent desktop pc nowadays for about $700 or less if you make it yourself.

OP
R

Rogue

Mystic Gohan said:
You might wanna think about getting a new system since you can't upgrade your laptop. You can get decent desktop pc nowadays for about $700 or less if you make it yourself.
lol alredy workin on it ^.^ opteron 140 for the cpu :)

Clements

Nigh on flawless for me :)

Using Glide64 0.5 (framebuffer off) + eVoodoo 3.99 Beta. No flickering, no major bugs, brilliant. That's the best settings for this game (unless you have a Voodoo then you would just use Glide64!) Not sure if these are the settings for you on an old laptop, but on your new comp it'll work a treat!