What's new

Paper Mario action command crashes.

Darkraven111

Using action commands (Pressing A to increase damage dealt or decrease damage taken) will crash the emulator in certain battles. It only happens in specific battles, one fight everything works perfectly against some goombas, then I go into a different battle and defending the goombas crashes the emulator every single time. Attack action command has caused it to crash once, but mostly it's defense and it happens in half the battles I've done. Anyone know how to fix this?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Are you using cheats?

Make sure that your ROM checks out. Also, use the latest RDB file if you aren't already.

OP
D

Darkraven111

I've never used cheats on the emulator before, I got a new ROM from a different site, and I took the RDB file's advice of starting over from a native save, it still crashed. Then, I tried all of that stuff again, but didn't use any save states, where as before I usually did it pretty frequently, and it works perfectly fine now. Thanks for the advice though.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You shouldn't rely on savestates too much. The game has an in-game save feature, so use it. :)