What's new

painful lag

dead.rabit

heyya, i know what your thinking, this git hasnt read the FAQ, but, i have, and fully understand that this would be slow.
however, so slow that its unplayable?

i have
CPU: AMD 3800+ Dual core
GPU: GeForce 6800 512 mb
RAM: 2 GB

i know its not the most modern £2000+ computer, but it can hardly be considered a slow.

yet i seem to get a maximum of 3FPS, average of about 0.77FPS
i have done everything i can think of to make this run at an acceptable speed.
turned off sound,
turned off pixel shaders (its B&W)
resolution 160x120 etc...

say... 30FPS, (i believe the GC runs at 60 by default, so thats half normal speed)

can any machine run it at 30FPS+ ?
i mean my machine was top of the line 6-8 months ago, can run all modern games at full graphics...

is there a setting that will speed it up that ive missed, any setting?

i mean whats an avg framerate that people get? when you say, it runs a tad bit slowly, that is rather the understatement is it not?

however im willing this to work, so are there any hints too speed it up?
D.R

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
It isn't your system, it's the emulator itself and the inherent extreme difficulty in emulating such fast and feature-rich hardware. None of the three systems in the prior generation are currently emulated with any quality at all.

Gamecube emulation is pretty much nothing more than academic at the moment.

OP
D

dead.rabit

alot of other emulators have an option for frameskipping...

if that were implemented, the people who have framerates of ~20-30fps would be able to at least play games.

D.R

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If people would read the stickies and not blindly believe that their high-spec PC can handle anything they throw at it, threads like this wouldn't exist.

GameCube nor any other console (bar the XBOX maybe) is not a PC. Consoles have dedicated hardware to do what the console asks them to do. The PC does not have dedicated console hardware. Emulating is doing something that is not native to the hardware, and as such it takes far longer to execute instructions than on the "original" hardware.

Hence why GameCube emulation is painfully slow.

Last edited:
People are never going to read the faq. The first step will be downloading the emu and second will be posting here how slow it runs and what they can do about it.