What's new

P64 wont load, direct 3d error shows

blindboarder206

blindboaderemmy2006!
Hi everyone
I'm new here. I got P64 on my computer and the p64 won't load. when I click on the project 64 icon it brings up a direct 3d error message and something about a plugin not being validated. How do I fix this?
Emmy

OP
B

blindboarder206

blindboaderemmy2006!
I have windows xp home edition, i got 40gb of space. I'm running it off of a cd, got an updated version of Direct X drivers. need anything else????

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
easy, PJ64 needs to be able to have write access, i've never been ableto run PJ64 sucessfully off a cd, so copying to the hdd is the only way to run it without issues

OP
B

blindboarder206

blindboaderemmy2006!
my video card is:
Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)
My sound card is:
Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller

I have windows xp home edition, service pack 2

plz reply I really want to play the games!
From
Em

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, that gfx card is just utter crap. Try download the latest drivers and see if you can the emulator to run. However, you will have many glitches unfortunaly, and there is not much that can be done about that.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well, there we go. It's that Intel chip again.

Do yourself a favor and buy a graphics card. Integrated graphics solutions are the devil in disguise.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
damb that intel gfx controller:bouncy:

if it's like my old pent 3 set your color to 16bit color and you should be fine :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Some old drivers of that card doesn't have hardware acceleration (!), but upgrading those drivers should enable it. So update them! Or get a new card.