What's new

Overrated games

L

Lachp30

Half-Life - I got bored 30 mins into gameplay and havent played it agaib since the day we bought it

blizz

Tagrineth said:
You're insane.

How can you say with a straight face that SMW, Sonic 3, SUPER METROID, and the entire CV serie- oh, wait... you probably just don't like platformers much. Heh.

Hehe, I remember spending an entire weekend playing Sonic 2 (Although I played Sonic and Knuckles even more) when I was a kid :p not forgetting I had all three Mario Bros. games for the NES (Yeah 2 was shit and it still is)

I just never liked SMW, Super Metroid or CV and it's stuck

blizz

pj64er said:
Blizz: FF6 overrated? that coming from a man with a shitty looking cloud (im aware cloud is from FF7) as avatar? (I liked all your other avatars MUCH better...they were all chicks :p)

I'm going by what I remember at the time, they were raving about FF6 but Chrono Trigger was just ten times better, I liked FF7 but unlike most people I went into it expecting it to bore me, so I was nicely surprised with it.

jollyrancher

Half-Life - I got bored 30 mins into gameplay

That sounds like my Mom who said she "fell asleep" during Pulp Fiction... I mean come on, you can say it's too violent, too over-the-top, but boring???? Some of the last levels don't compare to the earlier ones, but it's still one of the top 3 most intense games ever.

blizz

Jaz said:
/me bows down to DuDe.

YOU ARE MY GOD! :D

:eek: DIE!!!

well actually yeah Zelda 2 on the NES was shit, and the SNES one was so so, and MM was a bit off kilter, and WW was boring.....

anywho :whistling

DIE!!!! :satisfied

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
WC3 I hated that damn thing, WC2 kicks the shit out of it.

Black and White

Max Payne

Dungeon Siege, after you finished both single and multiplayer it got boring rather quickly

Sonic.... yes I said it :p personally I think they were highly overated games

I could think of more but I can't be arsed :D

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
pj64er said:
...err what else do you want out of a game?

It was a very simple online RPG, if you have played it you will know what I mean. The multiplayer is very short and very very easy if your character is a high level, even on the highest settings.

Clements

Overrated game? Turok 2. In all the magazines I read when I was a young budding gamer, this game was put on the almost the same level as the legendary Goldeneye 007. I liked Turok 1 a lot so I bought the thing, (and expansion pack) only to find it absolute crud!

The levels were too large and it was too difficult, not enough save points... I tried using the cheats but even then it was tough to figure out where to go. The short but sweet missions of G007 and PD are much more to my liking.

jollyrancher

You're right about the save points... they didn't include enough, but I think I like Turok 2 more than Perfect Dark just because of the more open levels and the overall "atmosphere." There's something too twisted in PD about walking through cramped office buildings and airplanes blowing away all humans in sight at point-blank range.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
GogoTheMimic said:
The first game that comes to mind is Earthbound. Bleh, I loathe that game. It's like a five year old made it! ><

It was published by nintendo, what did you expect? :happy:

pandamoan

Banned
jollyrancher said:
You're right about the save points... they didn't include enough, but I think I like Turok 2 more than Perfect Dark just because of the more open levels and the overall "atmosphere." There's something too twisted in PD about walking through cramped office buildings and airplanes blowing away all humans in sight at point-blank range.

yeah, there's something to be said for the level of overrated games in general when i find myself playing an 8 year old copy of civ 2, and a 15 year old copy of burgertime on NES.

pretty much every game that has come out in the lasta 6 or 7 years has been a mild evolutionary step, or just plain sucked, or i never saw it and am ignorant.

if so, please enlighten me.

and no fps, they are ALL evolutionary from one of my favorite 8 year old games:

quake 2.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
As seriously overrated game is zelda oot, seeing as it's very popular. I could list bad games, too, of course...but I daren't say if they're overrated.