What's new

Overnight Project64 1.6 Problems

TheShadowCross

Alright so I have had Pj64 for several months to a year. My graphic card is very capable of playing any 64 anything. I can play most new computer games at their mid-high capability. I have Directx 9.0 or higher (not sure which). I have played alot of games through Pj64. So I go and get a new game from a decent provider and try to play it. Then I get a message saying "Direct3D failed to initialize ERROR CODE: 8876086A D3DERR_Not Available" And I click O.K. to move on, then another message shows up saying things about my default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid. And for the record, I haven't installed any plugins, nor changed any default settings other than controller settings and screen resolution. Nothing on my computer itself has changed. Everything is still installed from when I first started with Pj64 and I haven't added anything new to overwrite anything. This literally happened over night and I can't find a forum post that helps me.

Anybody who might know what in the world just happened, please help me.

P.S. I'm sorry for anything I might have done wrong in posting this, so just tell me if I did and it won't happen again.

Thank you.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What exactly is your graphics card anyway? I suggest that you update its drivers just in case and/or install the latest DirectX redistributable.

OP
T

TheShadowCross

My graphic card is Nvidia 6600, and I'm not sure how to check my video drivers or update graphic card drivers. Plus I have no money to spend on anything right now.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Who said anything about spending money?

Download the latest ForceWare drivers from Nvidia's site and install those (you don't have to be a supergeek to install those, because of the installation wizard and the accompanying documentation by Nvidia).

Download the latest DirectX August Redistributable from Microsoft's site - install that too.

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Something tells me that if it was working before but it isn't working now, updating won't help anything. You can try it, but...
If updating doesn't work, try some other video plugins. The Glide ones are good.

OP
T

TheShadowCross

Well I haven't touched any video plugins or anything like that, so I don't even know how to change them or anything. If you could give me a link or something close to it, it would really help. I'm going to try updating this and that, but I harldy think thats the issue.