What's new

over 200 Dc game backups

morpheusx

I am runing a p4 2ghz 256 megs of ram,had 512 but one of my ram mods died on me :0( 64mb nvidia GeForce mx 440 80gig C: 20gig D:
samsung dvd rom/cr-r combo drive E: pioneer 105-ao5 dvd-r drive F:

I have 200+ Dc back ups,i would ripp a game to my hhd with clonecd and then mount it or convert the clone image to iso with winiso (tried both images),mount the image with deamon tools ver. 3.29,somtimes windows see's the mouted Dc game as one track,dunno what's that all about,other times,it shows as Dc games files.

I have all my chanka system files in order,dc_bios,dc_flash

when i try to run a game from a cd from the E:drive,chanaka never runs it,chanka just shows the Dc game's track information.79:80 or somthing like that.

when i lanuch chanaka,the bios boots fine,i always have to input the system time and date twice,then when i press the a button when i'm done,it just goes into the options screen where i can read the memory card and play a disc and so on,but it never boots my Dc back ups or images that i ripp from my cd-r's i even tried to use 2 or 3 of the self boot tools to see if a few games needed to be modified,even that did'nt work.

I know what i am doing,i'm not a newbie,i have several emulators and i have configured them all by myself,I like a challenge though,i'll stick with it as long as i have the suppost of the chanaka team and the members of this forum :0)

l00pus

morpheusx said:
I am runing a p4 2ghz 256 megs of ram,had 512 but one of my ram mods died on me :0( 64mb nvidia GeForce mx 440 80gig C: 20gig D:

I have 200+ Dc back ups,i would ripp a game to my hhd with clonecd and then mount it or convert the clone image to iso with winiso (tried both images),mount the image with deamon tools ver. 3.29,somtimes windows see's the mouted Dc game as one track,dunno what's that all about,other times,it shows as Dc games files.

when i try to run a game from a cd from the E:drive,chanaka never runs it,chanka just shows the Dc game's track information.79:80 or somthing like that.

when i lanuch chanaka,the bios boots fine,i always have to input the system time and date twice,then when i press the a button when i'm done,it just goes into the options screen where i can read the memory card and play a disc and so on,but it never boots my Dc back ups or images that i ripp from my cd-r's i even tried to use 2 or 3 of the self boot tools to see if a few games needed to be modified,even that did'nt work.

I know what i am doing,i'm not a newbie,i have several emulators and i have configured them all by myself,I like a challenge though,i'll stick with it as long as i have the suppost of the chanaka team and the members of this forum :0)

I believe if the time is being asked for twice the bios has become corrupt. I have had this happen twice and after I swapped the bios all was well. give it a wirl with a fresh bios.

yiggs

download a new one from somewhere
*cough* b_os h_use *cough*

Last edited:

StuMcBill

astroduck said:
Yeah, a fresh bios will do the trick.

I have tried downloading a fresh bios and replacing, but it still asks me for the time and date!!

Havent tried chankast 0.25 yet though, does this solve the problem?

MurrMurr

StuMcBill said:
I have tried downloading a fresh bios and replacing, but it still asks me for the time and date!!

Havent tried chankast 0.25 yet though, does this solve the problem?

Try unchecking "read only" in the bios' properties.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
StuMcBill said:
Any other ideas?
Yes, make sure that you're using the latest Chankast version (0.25), delete the Chankast directory, reinstall everything (chankast, bios, etc.) and make sure that you're using Daemon tools v3.29.

StuMcBill

PsyMan said:
Yes, make sure that you're using the latest Chankast version (0.25), delete the Chankast directory, reinstall everything (chankast, bios, etc.) and make sure that you're using Daemon tools v3.29.

I tried that with the old one 0.2, and I am at work just now, so I am going to try it with the new version when I get home!!

mezkal

Man on a mission
morpheusx said:

All the answers to your questions are in two places (you luck person you). 1 : Look at the Chankast help 2 : use the search function here.

If you have set up emulators before Chankast should be a doddle.

Cheers,

Mezkal

OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

oh my!! @:eek:O)>

mezkal said:
All the answers to your questions are in two places (you luck person you). 1 : Look at the Chankast help 2 : use the search function here.

If you have set up emulators before Chankast should be a doddle.

Cheers,

Mezkal

I'm not sure if you meant to run a search within the chanka forum for a help post or not but i'll give it a try anyway.

still need to get a frsh bios and try to uncheck read only in the bios properties as somone very kindly suggested,i've been slacking because of dissapointment,i see all of you guys playing games that i have on cd but can't get to work,as i said in my last post,i have over 200 dc that i can play on my Dc but man,lemme tell ya,there's just somthing amazing about playing a console on your pc,specially a powerful system like sega Dreamcast :0)

any other help would be great forum :0)

EMUUSER

can you download a self-boot cdi to try?
make sure the bios is good, i had download some bios which were corrupted.

i always had the same problem with you before i use chankast 2.5 in my machine with win2000 pro. the emu never run cdi before chankast 2.5 was released.
but now i can play few games.

some guys said that winxp is not necessary to install aspi.